VP of Commercial Construction Austin Texas
The Role: Vice President Commercial Construction
Location: Austin, TX
HireBetter has been retained by a rapidly growing commercial construction firm in Austin, TX to identify their Vice President Commercial Construction. Our client has been voted Best Places to Work for the past four years, they embrace a culture where commitment, respect, passion and integrity are a part of every day.
As a Vice President Commercial Construction, you will manage client projects and report directly to the Chief Operating Officer. This role will support the growth of the organization, serve as a mentor and implement new ways to improve the quality of work. You will own P&L responsibilities, build out teams to assist in the projects and lend your knowledge in the industry.
- Identify new business opportunities, direct multiple projects and take full control of client relationships within commercial ground up construction
- Manage existing and develop new relationships with subcontractors and vendors
- Lead your team to work in a cooperative environment, positively impact others while producing exceptional customer service and produce impeccable work
- Ensure pipeline of projects to maintain appropriate staffing efficiency
- Maintain full responsibility for Profit and Loss of the business unit while keeping decisions in line with the overall company goals and needs
- Negotiate and execute client contracts as well as project subcontracts
- Skillfully manage project process from preconstruction, construction and completion of the close-out and warranty period
- Manage all areas of projects including scheduling, budget, projections, etc.
- Maintain a full understanding of accounting system and principals of construction finances
- Full understanding of owners contract, bonds, fees, notifications, requirements, schedules, reporting and costs
- Update projections and manage work to meet and exceed projected profit targets
- Coordinate with internal departments to ensure all administrative pieces are in place: schedules, contracts, budgets, and projections
- Work cross-functionally to lend assistance and expertise within internal business-units
- Implement new ways to improve quality of work, increase productivity and exceed client expectations
- Expert knowledge of commercial construction industry, building products, safety regulations, local and state building codes and general construction processes and practices
- Fifteen plus years of experience as a leader in the commercial construction industry
- Ten plus years managing subcontractors and vendors
- Strong commitment to excellence, highly detailed and deadline oriented
- Ability to embrace company objectives and core values
- Servant leader mentality, strategic and accountable
- Ability to prioritize and manage workflows that are efficient, timely and accurate
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Proficiency in project management software
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U. S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.