Vice President of Finance Remote United States
The Role: Vice President of Finance
Location: Remote, United States
HireBetter’s client is a New York based, full-service aircraft charter and management company. Our client operates their own fleet of jets. Their reputable and established company offers premier air charter service, domestic and international.
Our client is searching for an experienced VP of Finance to join the team of high-performing professionals to help keep the finances insightful and instrumental to their continued success. The Vice President will have both a day-to-day and ongoing impact on company operations, helping to analyze, strategize, and grow their financial position. This seasoned strategist not only understands current accounting practices and trends but has proven experience in asset management and adapting to change in a fast-growing company. As a member of the senior management, he or she will be comfortable in a leadership role that demands clear communication and presentation skills.
- Responsible, either directly or by managing staff, for all cash management, investments, insurance, budgeting, and financial reporting, helping to drive the company’s financial strategy and hiring needs
- Coordinate with each department lead in the development of the annual operating, capital, and program budgets, and reporting against the same.
- Ensure cash flow is compatible with company operations, by overseeing the day-to-day accounting, recording, modeling, reporting, and internal control activities of the organization
- Lead the development and use of best-practice policies, practices, and tools that ensure a well-controlled yet flexible organization with strong fiscal management, project management, cross team communications and workflow
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing compliance, and acting
- Work with the senior management to efficiently develop proposal budgets, provide access to project finance information, and manage contract/grant compliance and reporting
- Research revenue opportunities and economic trends, analyze internal operations, identify areas of cost reduction and process enhancement
- Perform risk management through analysis of company liabilities and investments, and evaluate and manage capital structure and fundraising initiatives
- Oversee Accounting function and coordinating with the controller (payroll, benefits, and general HR) and internal staff responsible for various aspects of accounting.
- Monitor performance with tracking, establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting for earnings calls, the management team, and the rest of the company
- Manage finance personnel and oversee financial IT systems, ensuring compliance with all applicable Financial Accounting Standards Board, Internal Revenue Service, State Attorney General, and other relevant regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business accounting, or finance
- 5+ years’ experience in executive leadership positions
- Leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity
- Experience evaluating and implementing an ERP system
- Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Understanding of advanced accounting, regulatory issues, and tax planning
- Experience building out a team and establishing best practices in a growth stage company.
- Aviation, Chartering, or jet services experiences
- Experience with complex asset transactions and management
- Executive experience with a fast-growing service-based industry
- CPA is a strong plus
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.