Software Developer Austin Texas
The Role: Software Engineer
Location: Austin, TX
HireBetter’s client brings together the latest Internet technology with the world’s largest calendar inventory to create the Web’s biggest and best calendar store. They have become the world’s biggest retailer of calendars, selling millions of calendars each year primarily in shopping malls.
Our client is seeking a dynamic eCommerce Technical Manager who is passionate about reaching objectives and goals. This role will report directly to the VP of IS and will have open communications daily with a collaborative team of professionals.
The successful candidate must demonstrate strong attention to detail, have excellent organizational skills, and possess in-depth knowledge of eCommerce support. This person will be responsible for the technical operations and oversight of the eCommerce platform for their client’s suite of websites.
- Responsible for ensuring that the design & engineering of a Point of Sale application
- High degree of focus will be on performance and customer satisfaction
- Ensure that key operational aspects such as monitoring, documentation, etc. are available, functional, and kept up to date.
- Substantial interaction, coordination, and management of key partners and vendors
- Management of efforts around security, PCI
- Manage the production releases, approving the application developer’s code changes and coordinating deployments to staging and production systems.
- From time to time, key off-hours support is required during peak periods of the retail schedule, including holidays.
- Provide oversite and guidance for off-site developers when used..
- 10+ years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or other technical degrees
- Experience working with multiple platforms
- Experience with RESTful web services, Microservices, and API-First Architecture
- Experience with C#
- Experience with relational databases and SQL. MS-SQL Server preferred
- Experience with root-cause analysis and troubleshooting infrastructure issues
- Experience with software configuration management tools. Git/Bit Bucket preferred
- History of demonstrated thoroughness and quality toward assigned tasks/goals
- Ability to work with various stakeholders and effectively communicate tech
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.