Quality Assurance Engineer Austin Texas
The Role: Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas
HireBetter’s client’s mission is to bridge the old world of stocks with the new world of tokenized assets by creating a tokenization platform and then listing it on their exchange. They work with the SEC to determine what the regulations look like.
Our client’s team draws on decades of expertise in the financial markets, large scale technology and financial regulation. They have recently raised a Series A from experts in the financial world.
As an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be responsible for planning and executing manual tests of new features, bug fixes, and other improvements, as well as helping to maintain and improve automated testing tools for mobile based and web applications to achieve world-class solutions for our business partners and customers world-wide.
This role will support multiple, concurrent projects and is an excellent opportunity for a software testing professional to thrive in an environment where quality drives the outcome of our organization.
- Create and maintain integration test cases, manual tests, and automated tests based on product and technical user stories, as well as, requirements and functional and non-functional design specifications
- Will be interfacing with financial stakeholders and regulatory bodies.
- Create and maintain suites of automated test scripts across multiple products
- Execute and contribute to manual tests efforts
- Document defects with details and diagnostic information
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of product offerings
- Provide ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed applications
- Participate in development of QA methodology, templates and best practices for testing
- Collaborate with developers and LOB teammates to develop test strategies to tackle complex testing scenarios
- Recommend improvements to testing processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of testing teams and reduce technical debt
- Partner with developers and other automation engineers to build the tools and infrastructure to ensure production code is thoroughly tested to the highest standards
- Participate in and contribute to Sprint/Release planning sessions
- Be passionate about driving software quality
- Utilize your expertise and knowledge to help drive QA best practices and process improvements
- 5+ years of professional quality assurance and automation testing experience
- Must have a financial software background – working knowledge of common cases for failure in a trading type environment
- Strong detail orientation with analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and teaming skills especially with highly technical team members
- Strong test plan organization and test execution planning skills across multiple projects
- Passionate about the work, proactive work ethic, and a highly motivated attitude to provide excellence in software quality
- Proven test automation experience
- Demonstrated ability to initiate/complete work with limited direction/supervision
- Being comfortable with ambiguity
- Experience working in small, highly efficient teams with a high degree of collaboration prowess
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
- Experience with defect tracking systems; JIRA
- Experience with API testing
- Experience with load testing