QC Color Chemist Austin Texas
The Role: Quality Control Color Chemist
Location: Austin, TX
HireBetter has been retained to identify a Quality Control Color Chemist for an expanding manufacturer experiencing double-digit growth from inception. Our client is a third-party manufacturer and produces game-changing products in the beauty industry. Our client is a mission-driven organization, you will be involved in producing high-end, high quality products in a state-of the-art, sustainable facility.
The Quality Control Color Chemist is responsible for color and shade matching, inspection, and analysis of raw materials, in-process samples, finished formulations, and process documentation.
- Ensure the consistency of shade matching and interact with customer and production to achieve final bulk consistent with approved standards and specifications
- Incoming inspection of pigments and colorants according to defined specifications
- Quality control of pigmented bulk products according to the specifications defined by the customer
- Manage and update the standards for pigmented products and raw materials
- Support quality control teams on color analysis related duties
- Execute quality controls defined in the specifications established such as spectroscopy, viscosity, pH, density
- Analyze the results of quality controls to identify the actions to be taken in the event of non-compliance
- Ensure the communication of control results to the quality and production teams
- Block non-compliant products in the event of internal non-compliance and identification of the products concerned
- Ensure the first level maintenance, calibration, and qualification of quality control equipment
- Other analytical laboratory checks may be assigned depending on the workload (chromatographic and physico-chemical analyzes on skincare products)
- Prepare required documentation for analysis of pigmented raw materials and bulk products
Good manufacturing practices (GMP), Health, Safety and Environment (EH&S)
- Respect Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP ISO 22716 and CFR 21 part 11) on a daily basis and ensure that GMP guidelines are respected in production, control and storage areas
- Respect and enforce the Safety and Environment (EH&S) instructions defined on the site
- Minimum 2 years of experience in color matching in the personal care and cosmetics industry
- Good attention to detail and organization skills
- Strong knowledge of FDA Regulations/Guidances, Good Laboratory Practices, and current Good Manufacturing Practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelors degree in Chemistry, chemical engineering or related scientific discipline
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.