Programmer – Dallas Dallas Texas
The Role: Programmer
Location: Dallas, TX
HireBetter’s client provides custom design and fabrication of control panels for municipalities, utilities, and OEM’s. Their core markets are Water/Wastewater, Industrial Manufacturing, Natural Resources, Food & Beverage, and Electrical Generation and Transmission.
The Programmer is responsible for completing all programming, configuration and communication services using equipment, software and networks from a variety of HMI, SCADA, and PLC manufacturers, as well as various communication protocols for a wide variety of industries and applications such as water, wastewater, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, food & beverage, process control, machine control, conveyor controls, etc.
Programmers must be comfortable being on many different client sites, performing troubleshooting, and startup & commissioning services. Programmers must be willing to travel 20%+ of the time. Effective client communication is a must.
- PLC configuration and programming services from completely new installations to maintenance & improvement Projects of existing systems. PLC familiarity with various platforms such as Allen-Bradley, Schneider Electric, Siemens, GE PAC Systems, SCADAPack, etc.
- SCADA programming services on platforms such as Wonderware InTouch, Trihedral VTSCADA, Rockwell Software PlantPAX, Schneider Electric ClearSCADA, GE iFix
- HMI Programming services for various manufacturers such as Allen-Bradley PanelView Plus, Maple Systems, AVG, and many others.
- Perform Factory Acceptance Testing with clients and engineer
- Perform site commissioning services which includes field I/O verification and system communications
- Ensure client expectations are met
- Maintain good relations with clients and vendors
- Be familiar with and able to understand and develop the following drawing packages:
- Electrical Schematics
- Panel Layout Drawings
- Communication Drawings
- Loop Drawings
- Or other drawings as applicable
- Create Control Narratives and Function Strategies for use in Submittals and O&M Manuals
- Create support documentation for Project completion and verification process. This may include, but not be limited to:
- Documented software applications
- I/O List
- Test Reports for O&M Manuals
- 8-10+ year experience in programming
- Technically savvy
- Comfortable navigating Microsoft office programs
- Logically minded, detail oriented
- Experience with CAD drawings / wiring schematics a plus
- Experience with control panel electrical wiring a plus
- IT networking experience a plus
- Knowledge of networks and basic electronic troubleshooting skills are a plus
- Travel requirements of up to 20%
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.