President Mid-West US
The Role: President
Location: Mid-West Area
The President will be responsible for assuming overall leadership of the firearms manufacturing and distribution company. The President will be responsible for all aspects of running the company including operations, supply chain, vendor management, financial performance, building strategic business relationships, sustained revenue growth, and developing and managing personnel. The President will work closely with the Private Equity Group and Board of Directors to lead the organization by demonstrating and fostering a culture of personal responsibility, initiative, and integrity.
- Effectively develop and execute operating plans in support of the companys strategic growth plans
- Develop, manage, and grow a high-performing team that can effectively develop and execute operating plans in support of the companys strategic plan
- Hold the team accountable to established benchmarks required to monitor and report key performance indicators
- Drive performance improvement and lean manufacturing initiatives to improve operational effectiveness as measured by quality, timeliness, and safety
- Develop a roadmap for the design and implementation of best-in-class processes and related monitoring/reporting systems necessary for identification and implementation of cost and efficiency improvements
- Partner with sales, marketing, and finance teams to develop product demand forecasts and the annual operating plan
- Provide forward looking guidance on risks associated with the companys operational performance
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships towards internal and external customers and vendors
- Work with the team on supply chain and inventory management initiatives
- Integrate across all operating functional areas to develop maximum alignment and prioritization of effort within the company
- Work to build infrastructure with the company that integrates operational and financial reporting with decision-critical support capabilities
- Provide thought leadership and mentoring to all the functional leaders
- Maintain key customer relationships and develop and implement strategies for expanding the companys customer base
- Integrate effectively with the Board and other stakeholders to understand objectives for the business, as well as to provide critical insights necessary for stakeholders to provide effective support
- Full accountability for delivering planned results
Candidate Qualifications & Professional Experience
- Bachelors degree with advanced degree preferred
- Industry experience in firearms, automotive, aerospace, medical device, or similar complex consumer goods manufacturing and distribution
- 10+ years of leadership experience in a growing, innovative environment
- Relevant experience in leadership for a stand-alone company or a large division of a corporation
- Background working with a private-equity owned, lower middle-market company preferred
- Experience in strategic planning and execution including formulating operating plan and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Ability to develop financial plans and successfully analyze and interpret financial data
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal, and an ability to communicate successfully with all levels of employees
Leadership & Management Competencies
- Excellent financial and operational track record and an understanding of the priorities necessary for successful growth of a growing company
- Expert at deploying strategies and processes for operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Financial acumen and demonstrated responsibility for P&L
- Skilled, motivating, and inspirational leader that is willing to roll up their sleeves and pitch in and work side by side with the team
- Committed to strong customer service and be of the highest integrity
Compensation and Benefits
Our client offers a competitive base salary, plus bonus, as well as a benefits package.
As part of the standard hiring process, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.