Front End Web Developer Remote United States
The Role: Front End Web Developer
Location: Remote- Austin, TX
HireBetter’s client is the branding, marketing, and digital agency for mission-driven organizations. They believe in thinking deeply, experimenting often, and hitting the mark every time. Our client helps nonprofits, associations, universities, and government agencies more deeply connect with their audiences, increase their revenue and relevance, and improve their communities.
Our client is seeking to fill the full-time position of Front End Web Developer. This position is a full-time remote role from anywhere in the United States, with the option to work from their office in Austin, TX if desired.
Our web developers are responsible for building and maintaining high-quality websites and web applications and collaborating with other disciplines throughout the entire project process. They are integral to the success of the company and our clients and are always seeking to improve their own knowledge. This position involves a wide variety of front end development tasks and will be a versatile and key member of the team.
- Location: U.S. remote or Austin, TX office
- Base Salary: $73,000 to $90,000
- Own features or feature sets or large and complex projects and/or lead development on smaller and less complex projects.
- Work collaboratively with other staff to provide input and direction to Information Architecture, Design, Functional Specifications, and Technical Architecture plans.
- Help define tasks and specifications for a given feature and estimate those tasks.
- Troubleshoot bugs and vague or unidentified problems and fix them.
- Handle support and other smaller hourly tasks as they are assigned.
- Help manage the development infrastructure needed for web projects, including hosting, repos, and deployments.
- Assist with internal and external development strategy efforts, including project communication and presentations.
- Produce creative and innovative implementations that meet client and stakeholder goals and requirements.
- Follow established processes, help review and improve existing internal systems and development processes.
Job Performance Metrics
- Consistently meets deadlines and makes plans in advance with the project management team and the VP of Technology if a deadline is in danger of being missed.
- Works collaboratively with other members of the team and shares knowledge with other developers.
- Communicates effectively and regularly with the project management team and other staff members about current and future work.
- Communicates effectively with clients when needed.
- Reviews tasks on the dashboard once per day and updates as appropriate.
- Is attentive in meetings and actively participates in discussions when needed.
- Produces code that meets the goals of each project or task.
- Is detail oriented and produces high quality front end builds.
- Completes tasks effectively and in a timely manner and has minimal unbillable time when there is billable work to be done.
- Demonstrates progress throughout each phase of a project.
- Grasps the requirements of assigned projects and provides valuable feedback through internal reviews during IA, Design, and Content phases and asks probing questions as appropriate to learn more about the requirements.
- Demonstrates understanding of the full front end development process such as accessibility, performance optimization, and headless integrations.
- Maintains a positive attitude and promotes a positive, collaborative work environment.
- Maintain positive peer review scores on your employee reviews.
- Bring creative and innovative ideas to the project team.
- Deliver high-quality work and a high level of internal and external communication within the constraints of an engagement.
- Efficiently manage billable hours, track time accurately, and enter time on a daily basis.
Unless specifically noted, not every expectation is required to be qualified for this role. We are looking for a combination of this skill set. If you have many of these skills, but not all of them, please feel free to apply.
- 3+ years in the Web development industry with a significant amount of time spent building the front end of complex websites.
- Working knowledge of web development and appropriate technologies and systems.
- High attention to detail to produce a front end build that matches provided designs and specifications.
- Experience with component driven development and Storybook and creating and maintaining design systems.
- Experience with React, Angular, Vue or other similar frameworks (React preferred).
- Experience with GraphQL.
- Experience with coding to meet WCAG AA accessibility standards.
- Experience with responsive frameworks and SASS. Experience with Tailwind is a plus.
- Experience with Git and CI/CD tools.
- Experience building from designs in Figma or Zeplin is a plus.
- Experience with front end performance optimization.
- Experience with CSS and/or JS animation is a plus.
- Familiarity with Twig and headless CMS development is a plus, otherwise a desire to learn.
- Familiarity with Craft CMS or Drupal is a plus, otherwise a desire to learn.
- Well-versed with industry best practices.
- Experience with project management tools and agile development methodologies.
- Strong organization and communication skills, including the ability to provide plain-spoken technical guidance to clients and team members.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Takes initiative and is eager to learn.
- Knows their own technical limitations and when to ask for help.
- A positive attitude with team members and clients.
- The ability to manage time and complete tasks quickly and accurately, with minimal supervision.
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.