Director of Finance and Accounting New Braunfels Texas
The Role: Director of Finance and Accounting
Location: New Braunfels, Texas
HireBetter’s client is an Owner-Operator based trucking company that specializes in the construction industry.
The Director of Accounting/Finance will be critically important to the organization and be a strategic, trusted partner to the executive management team, on all matters relating to the financial strategy and accounting operations of the Company. The (Controller/Director of Finance) will have oversight over forecasting, budgeting, accounting, financial analysis, reporting, tax, contracts, and compliance functions. The (Controller/Director of Finance) also be expected to provide leadership beyond the boundaries of a traditional finance role to influence business and operations, capable of balancing strategic initiatives with detail-oriented and efficient processes. The successful candidate will embrace growth, in a fast-paced dynamic organization. Will need to build a team to accomplish the Company’s goals, evolve and sophisticate the financial infrastructure and encourage a culture based on professional values and standards embraced by the Company. Will provide the financial acumen to move the company forward in an increasingly complex, demanding and rapidly changing environment.
Accounting and Finance
- Develops and maintains accounting policies and practices that ensure compliance with US GAAP accounting and control requirements.
- Manages the General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Fixed Assets and all aspects of accounting and finance for the company
- Manages processes to support monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statement close processes.
- Lead billing standards/procedures companywide, maintain training manuals and companywide training.
- Responsible for Insurance compliance and communications.
- Support budget and audit requests.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reporting package for executives
- Be available for ad-hoc requests/reports from team members across the company
- Oversee daily operations of the accounting department and mentors team members
- Implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings across all states
- Supports implementation of accounting functions within ERP (NetSuite) system. Coordinates with other departments to integrate accounting system with the operations platform as it grows and evolves.
- Identifies and evaluates technology tools to support accounting department functions.
- Manage special/ad hoc projects
- Present, analyze and interpret relevant financial data for the executive team, sales, marketing, and operations and be support function and partner to these
- Develop financial performance metrics and review on a regular basis, the achievement of the company’s goals and objectives while making appropriate recommendations to the executive team
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting from a four-year college or university, advanced degree a plus
- 8+ years of progressive accounting experience with a minimum of four years of direct supervisory experience/ leading teams (at controller level or equivalent of controller level)
- Expert knowledge of financial data collection, analysis, and evaluation.
- Familiarity with NetSuite with having gone through an implementation a plus
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel)
- Active CPA License
Additional Attributes and Competencies include:
- Highest personal and professional standards of ethics and integrity.
- Have a high level of energy and a positive attitude.
- Commitment to professional growth through continuing education.
- Effectively engages with employees at all levels of the organization.
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.