Product and Label Inspector Houston Texas
The Role: Product and Labeling Inspector
Location: Houston, Texas
HireBetter’s client is a visionary healthcare company committed to providing quality, affordable medication to millions of patients across the nation. They hold the distinguished position of being the largest 503A compounding pharmacy and FDA-registered 503B outsourcing facility in the country serving the functional medicine markets.
TheProduct and Labeling Inspector is responsible for inspecting and labeling products post-production to ensure all quality standards are met for each sterile and solid dose product manufactured at the company’s 503B facility. Inspection and Labeling personnel must adhere to 21 CFR parts 210/211 andUSP / regulations,current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), and department’sStandard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure quality medication is delivered to the patients.
- Visually inspects all products for defects and rejects any non-conforming units per procedure
- Inspects and labels products in compliance with master batch records while adhering to department specific SOPs
- Operatesall equipment associated with bothinspection and labeling processes
- Performsessential calculations and completesthoroughdocumentation
- Performs transfer of products from the cleanroom to the Inspection and Labeling area
- Becomes trainedand qualifiedon the Inspection process via internal trainingprogram
- Methodically prepareswork area and supplies prior to operation and maintains a clean and organized workspace throughout the shift
- Supports Quality unit to complete Acceptable Quality Limit (AQL) inspection for product
- Performsancillary tasks and duties that support themanufacturingprocess such as, but not limited to material preparation, label printing, inventory accounting,organization of components, and various LEAN manufacturingtasks(6S, GEMBA, Kaizen)
- Participates and/or facilitates training as assigned by Supervisor
- Observes and aids in coaching new hires on Inspection and Labeling operations
- Ensuresall required hygienic practices and garbing are performed per companypolicy
- Performsother duties and responsibilities within the department to ensure timely execution of the production
- Assist with special projects, as needed
- Other duties, as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to remain in a stationary position for a significant amount of the workday and frequently use their hands and fingers to handle or feel in order to access, input, and retrieve information from the computer and other office productivity devices.The employee is regularly required to move about the office and around the corporate campus. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. A minimum of 20/20 nearsighted vision with or without the use of corrective lensesis required. Average or normal color vision is required. Employee must be ableto stand and walk for extended periods of time for consecutivedays. Employees must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- High School Diploma or equivalentrequired
- 1+ years previous product inspection or labeling experiencepreferred
- Previous cGMP or pharmaceutical manufacturing experience preferred
- Experience with operation of equipment and/or toolspreferred
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with a team to achieve goals around safety, quality, anddelivery
- Ability to carry out detailed written or oralinstructions
- Must be ableto perform rudimentary mathematical calculations
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.