Patient Concierge Orland Park Illinois
The Role: Patient Concierge
Location: Orland Park, IL
HireBetter’s client’s mission is to improve the quality of life for people dealing with joint pain. Their medical clinic specializes in treating knee and joint pain, focusing on large joint pain relief with a minimally invasive approach called viscosupplementation. They strive to significantly impact the community and support each other in the collective pursuit of wellness. They believe that every role within the team contributes immensely to the success and the well-being of the patients. Our client’s purpose is to enhance life through painless mobility.
We are seeking an intrinsically charismatic, people-centric, motivated patient concierge to join the team. As a patient concierge, you will be one of the first impressions of the office, and strong interpersonal skills are a must! You will serve as the primary liaison between the patients and the clinical team, ensuring a seamless and positive experience from entry to exit. The individual in this role must be compassionate, detail-oriented, and dedicated to providing outstanding patient service. Our client offers a competitive package and professional growth and development opportunities. If you want to make a difference in patients’ lives, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
- Patient Interaction
- Warmly welcome patients upon arrival and provide necessary information about the facility and services.
- Answer patient queries in a friendly and efficient manner, either in person or over the phone.
- Assist patients with appointment scheduling and rescheduling.
- Administrative Support
- Handle patient check-in and check-out processes.
- Manage patient records, ensuring accuracy, confidentiality, and security.
- Coordinate with medical staff to ensure timely patient flow.
- Liaison Duties
- Relay important patient concerns, feedback, or requirements to the relevant clinical and operational personnel.
- Assist with patient education, providing relevant brochures, pamphlets, or other resources.
- Enhancing Patient Experience
- Create a comfortable and calming atmosphere for patients while they wait.
- Address and resolve any patient complaints or concerns promptly and professionally.
- Continuously gather feedback to identify areas for improvement and suggest actionable solutions.
- Additional Duties
- Assist in organizing patient outreach events.
- Stay updated with the latest information about treatments and services offered within the organization’s scope.
- Participate in regular training sessions and staff meetings.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is a plus.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred. Bi-lingual candidates with no experience who display excellent customer service and people skills may be considered.
- Previous experience in a customer service or hospitality role, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to handle a high volume office and prioritize tasks efficiently.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology and procedures is advantageous.
- Proficiency with standard computer systems, office software, and EMRs.
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa