Electrical Engineer IV Pflugerville Texas
The Role: Electrical Engineer IV
Location: Pflugerville, TX
HireBetter’s client is fundamentally changing how things are made. As innovators in both materials and production platforms, they are disrupting traditional manufacturing processes by bringing speed and strength together, at scale, with a no compromise material set. Our client is committed to creating industrial solutions for the world’s top manufacturers and bridging the gap between 3D printing and machining.
Our client is currently looking to fill an Electrical Engineer IV position to support their team in Pflugerville, TX and supporting locations.
- Perform design, development and planning including layout, analysis, evaluation, prototype build, and testing of mechanical, electronic, and electromechanical components and systems.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative tests to determine properties, characteristics, and performance of materials, circuits, mechanisms, assemblies and systems.
- Participate in the design and development of electronic circuits and assemblies.
- Record and analyze test data. Select hardware and material assuring compliance with specifications and product requirements.
- Follow all departmental QOP and WI processes to ensure all documentation is generated, completed and released in a timely manner.
- Participate with team members and management in the design and development of products and analysis of customer requirements.
- Assist in the troubleshooting and debugging of designs.
- Assist in the determination of a problem solution while giving consideration to form, fit, function, weight, produce-ability, manufacturing, product marketing and cost.
- Be able to travel for testing and team collaboration.
- Circuit design, cable design, embedded firmware, PCB design, and troubleshooting
- Create and maintain design and test documentation
- Product design including testing and certification
- Support applications and service/support teams with customer issues
- Support contract manufacturer with product builds, testing, and training
- Schedule and complete tasks on time with minimal supervision
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8+ years or a Master’s Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or similar field with 5-7 years of working experience as an Electrical Engineer.
- Experience with design, development of printed circuit board assemblies.
- Demonstrable knowledge of circuits using analog signal conditioning, ADC & DACs, power supplies, sensors, embedded processors, and programmable devices.
- Strong communication skills and a desire to work in small, dynamic team
- Must prioritize work and manage multiple projects under tight time constraints with minimal oversight
- Experience with designing cable assemblies for dynamic system
- Experience with embedded firmware for FPGAs and DSPs
- Experience with Altium Designer, Solidworks, MS Office applications
- Experience with additive manufacturing processes
- Detailed oriented and experience multi-tasking and shifting priorities quickly under pressure and tight deadlines
- Experience managing multiple workstreams end-to-end
- Distinctly self-motivated and capable of handling multiple task in a high-pressure environment
- Exceptional calculation and memory skills
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Accurate and meticulous
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate both verbally and in written form to express and exchange ideas.
- MUST be willing to work onsite at our Pflugerville, TX location.
- Open to travel to support manufacturing (Southeast Asia) and first machine deployments (US domestic).
- While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee must be able to access all components of workstation and other office equipment. Frequent typing, writing, bending, and twisting.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.