Formulation Scientist Houston Texas
The Role: Formulation Scientist
Location: Houston, Texas
HireBetter’s client is a visionary healthcare company committed to providing quality, affordable medication to millions of patients across the nation. They hold the distinguished position of being the largest 503A compounding pharmacy and FDA-registered 503B outsourcing facility in the country serving the functional medicine markets.
The Formulation Scientist is a key member of the Research and Development team, responsible for designing, developing, and optimizing new product formulations in line with the company’s goals and market demands. This role will serve as the subject matter expert for all formulations, and product development opportunities at our client company.
- Responsible for formulation and process development of sterile and non-sterile dosage forms. Troubleshoot and problem-solve unresolved or new formula issues
- Designs and executes formulation trials, analytical testing, and evaluates stability data to finalize formulation composition
- Executes development for both new products added to the daily queue and for new product lines that are more strategic and long-term in development
- Develops manufacturing processes for Research and Development formulations so that the technical transfer is successful for large-scale batches
- Writes and reviews master formulas, manufacturing procedures, SOPs, stability protocols, reports, and Product Development Reports
- Executes all research and development studies through in-house and external laboratories
- Coordinates closely with Sales to understand clients’ and/or industry requirements for specific products or product lines
- Coordinates Research and Development production scheduling with Manufacturing
- Works closely with leadership from different departments such as manufacturing, quality, and engineering to ensure development activities align with established company systems and long-term commercial-scale manufacturing requirements
- Tracks all phases of Research and Development projects using project management tools
- Assists recipe management system (Master Formulation Record) to ensure all recipes are detailed, updated, and executable
- Coordinates and assists with new product training as needed
- Resolves production formulation issues and provides on-the-floor oversight as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.The requirements listed above represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and listen. The employee is often required to remain in a stationary position for a significant amount of the workday and frequently use their hands and fingers to handle or feel to access, input, and retrieve information from the computer and other office productivity devices.The employee is regularly required to move about the office and around the corporate campus.The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Advanced degree in a scientific field such as Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacy, or a related field required
- 5+ years of related formulation experience required
- Experience with 21 CFR Part 210 & 211, USP , , and compliance required
- Experience with Microsoft Office required
- Knowledge of additional industry, regulatory, and compliance guidelines such as PDA, ICH, etc., preferred
- Knowledge of non-sterile and sterile product formulations preferred
- Knowledge of laboratory methods, aseptic/cleanroom practices, and technical documentation preferred
- Excellent strategic view as well as hands-on problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and manage work tasks effectively
- Detail-oriented and possess a high level of accuracy
- Must be a self-starter and results driven
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion when handling sensitive information
- Ability to enter the production environment as needed (no-sterile lab and cleanroom)
- Proven ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Excellent task and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills: the ability to communicate effectively (orally and in writing) with all levels of management
- Ability to multi-task various projects and responsibilities
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.