Sterile Compounding Pharmacy Technician Houston Texas
The Role: Sterile Compounding Pharmacy Technician
Location: Houston, Texas
HireBetter’s client is a visionary healthcare company committed to providing quality, affordable medication to millions of patients across the nation. They hold the distinguished position of being the largest 503A compounding pharmacy and FDA-registered 503B outsourcing facility in the country serving the functional medicine markets.
The Sterile Compounding Pharmacy Technician is responsible for executing all processes in the production of compounded sterile preparations, while strictly adhering to USP / regulations, current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and department’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
2nd shift, 1:30pm to 10:00pm OR 3rd shift, 10:00pm- 6:30am
- Performs high-risk sterile compounding in an ISO classified cGMP environment
- Utilizes aseptic technique when performing tasks within the clean room
- Compounds sterile preparations accurately and in compliance with master formula worksheets
- Performs compounding calculations and completes thorough documentation
- Operates all manufacturing equipment to deliver quality medication
- Maintains an ISO classified environment through rigorous cleaning and disinfecting of thecleanroom
- Aidswith sterilization of components used in the compounding process
- Performs ancillary tasks and duties that support the compounding process such as, but not limited to, bubble point testing, inventory accounting, autoclaving, and LEAN manufacturing tasks (5S, RCCM, GEMBA)
- Becomes trained and qualified in the sterile operation via internal training program
- Prepares work area and supplies thoroughly prior to compounding
- Performs other duties and responsibilities within the department to ensure execution of the production schedule
- Ensures cleansing and garbing is performed per company policy
- Observes and teaches new hires sterile operations
- Performs transfer of products to visual inspection
- Is dependable with attendance and is on time for each shift start
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to remain in a stationary position for a significant amount of the workday and frequently use their hands and fingers to handle or feel in order to access, input, and retrieve information from the computer and other office productivity devices.The employee is regularly required to move about the office and around the corporate campus.The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required
- Previous compounding experience, preferred
- Previous cGMP or LEAN manufacturing experience
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (or trainee)
- Registered with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy (TSBP)
- Sterile/IV Certified (APCE accredited)preferred
- Experience with operation of equipment and/or tools preferred
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Work in a confined, controlled environment for extended periods of time (4 plus hours)
- Must be able to work with hazardous substances (drugs) and work with strong odors (such as peracetic acid)
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with a team to achieve goals around safety, quality, and delivery
- Ability to carry out detailed written or oral instructions
- Must be able to fully gown in aseptic garb for extended periods of time
- Must pass gowning sampling within two attempts for entry into the cleanroom
- Must be able to perform rudimentary mathematical calculations as related to compounding or manufacturing processes
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time for consecutive days
- Must be able to lift to 30 pounds
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.