Investment Accounting Manager Austin Texas
The Role: Investment Accounting Manager
Location: Austin, Texas
Hirebetter’s client is an established, integrated professional services firm with a track record of success. This financial service firm oversees an investment portfolio that is diversified across multiple asset classes, including direct investments, hedge funds, private equity, real estate, venture capital, oil and gas, and public securities.
The role will play a part in both oversight and support of more than 40 entities. As their next team member, you will join the small team of dynamic professionals, each of whom brings differing expertise and holds one another accountable to high standards as they work collaboratively to improve operations, and pursue investment opportunities. As such, the ideal candidate is one who thrives when surrounded by high performers, enjoys being relied upon as a creative problem-solver and has a healthy balance of confidence and humility. The accounting manager will work closely with leadership and report directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Finance & Accounting functions: accounts payable, accounts receivable, financial statement preparation, ownership reports, expense analysis, budgeting, forecasting, taxes, treasury management.
- Financial reporting system and controls: work with the team to research solutions for reporting to increase transparency, minimize risk and ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Planning functions: manage cash flow, tax-saving strategies, year-end planning, insurance planning, risk management.
- Optimize technology, pursue efficiency, and make recommendations to the CFO on process improvements.
- Oversee preparation of reconciliations, tax returns and financial accounting prepared by the organization’s third-party accounting and tax advisors.
- Assist with liquidity and tax planning for items related to wealth transfer, philanthropy, personal assets, and large-scale personal transactions.
- Working closely with family member clients, as well as tax firms, attorneys, insurance broker, financial partners, and other advisors.
- Administration of the firm’s 401k plan, coordinate with the Office Manager on other benefit plans.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting
- Four to six years experience, including at least two years of tax experience in public accounting (Large national CPA firm experience is a plus)
- CPA license is preferred
- Previous exposure to high-net worth individual taxation, along with private investment, venture capital or private equity client base is preferred. Understanding of partnership and trust agreements is desired.
- Integrity, discernment, and regard for a high level of confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills that instill confidence and credibility and allow for authentic, warm relationships built on trust and respect
- Dependable, strong sense of urgency and follow through, results oriented
- Excellent organization skills to work efficiently and effectively within appropriate deadlines with minimal supervision.
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.