Interim Operations Associate Austin Texas
The Role: Interim Operations Associate
Location: Hybrid- Austin, Texas
HireBetter’s client is an Austin-based dynamic nonprofit with a holistic approach to fighting poverty in rural Africa.
Our client is looking for an Operations Associate that could be part of their team. This role is an interim role with the potential to become permanent.
- Manage full employee lifecycle processes from recruitment to off-boarding for staff and interns.
- Train on HR related duties, including creating processes and policies to establish new internal human resource guidelines for offices in Austin and provide compensation analysis and other HR best practices research.
- As needed, advise on HR matters and support the streamlining of processes between offices.
- Update Employee Handbook as needed to keep policies up to date.
- Administer and monitor for compliance all employee benefits and retirement programs.
- Coordinate the employee review process and recommend updates or improvements to the process.
- Serve as the primary liaison between internal staff and the organization’s Professional Employer organization (PEO).
- Contribute to Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion initiatives.
Office Operations and Administration
- Manage office management relationships, i.e., with vendors, service providers, etc.
- Organize office-wide events such as staff meetings, holiday parties, and team building events.
- Stock office supplies, PPE and cleaning materials, and kitchen supplies.
- Answer incoming emails and phone calls and direct inquiries appropriately.
- Help create a welcoming, energizing office environment.
Organizational Operations and Risk Management
- Provide administrative support to the leadership team and internal departments.
- Advise on Ethiopia risk and security measures for operations and service delivery.
- Manage all business insurance renewals.
- Assist with booking domestic and international travel and lodging and procure all associated visas and insurance.
- Manage Ethiopian staff when they are in Austin (i.e., pickup/drop-off schedule, appointments, arranging calendar).
- Assist with organizing donor trips.
- Provide both strategic and day-to day support to the CEO on operational matters and internal communications.
- Provide ongoing support by attending meetings, taking notes, following up on requests and responding on behalf of the CEO.
- Support CEO’s communications and meetings with the Board of Directors.
- Manage travel, schedule and other logistics.
- Assist in special projects under the direction of the CEO. (This position will also provide the opportunity to work on other special initiatives and projects in support of the team and the work they do in Ethiopia.)
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate-level degree preferred.
- At least 3-5 years of experience as an executive assistant, operations associate, or office/project manager. Cross-cultural experience and an interest or experience in international development are highly desirable.
- Strong project management ability and attention to detail. The ability to manage a wide range of activities, constantly prioritize, produce high-quality work and meet deadlines is necessary to be successful in this position.
- Honest and ethical. Must be able to ensure high levels of confidentiality as they relate to the organization, CEO matters, as well as the integrity, security, and accuracy of all personnel information and files.
- You understand how to prioritize high return activities, manage competing priorities and find ways to simplify tasks that drain resources.
- Comfortable with technology. To be successful in the role you need to be proficient in all Microsoft Office products, and comfortable learning new technologies.
- Collaborative: Partnership in creating and executing plans and working across teams and offices effectively are key aspects of this role.
- You understand that every detail matters and are committed to dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s in every project.
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.