Interim Controller Dallas Texas
The Role: Interim Controller
Location: Dallas, TX
Our client’s commitment to service, quality, integrity, and reliability began in 1935, when their Founder founded the company with the basic principle of consistently supplying quality products to the baking industry. Today, their Companies are a one-stop source for all your baking needs, from ingredients and custom blends to technical service and innovation.
- Manage all aspects of accounting including, month-end close process, billing, payroll, financial statements, general ledger, cost accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, tax compliance, inventory accounting, revenue recognition, and analysis.
- Prepare and deliver monthly financial statements in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare monthly reports of results, monthly forecasts, and annual operating plan.
- Provide complete accurate and timely financial support to operating management as needed; participate in the annual planning process, monitor, and report on capital expenditures.
- Assist in any special projects.
- Stay up to date of current, relevant industry-related and state-mandated laws and regulations and analyze and implement necessary ongoing changes to ensure compliance.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of experience in a senior level accounting function
- CPA, MBA or public accounting experience preferred
- Distribution/ Manufacturing and/or Consumer Goods industry experience preferred
- Detailed oriented, highly organized, and able to work independently and with limited supervision
- Hands-on, dependable and possesses the ability to respond quickly and accurately on multiple priorities.
- Ability to identify areas of opportunity and develop and implement recommendations for resolution.
- Comprehensive knowledge of GAAP
- People leadership experience.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to effectively translate complex information to a variety of stakeholders
- Must be an Advanced user in Excel, pivot tables, macros, v-lookups
- Entrepreneurial spirit and comfortable with ambiguity and chaos of a high growth company
- Must be able to work in Dallas, TX
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.