Houston VP of Engineering Houston Texas
The Role: Houston Business Lead / Houston VP of Engineering
Location: Houston, TX
HireBetter’s client is a D/WBE civil engineering firm specializing in program and construction management, planning, design and engineering services, as well as design management of public infrastructure and capital improvement programs.
This Vice-President role is the head of the Houston Office and will oversee the Houston based team and projects for our client.
Works with a team of engineers, consultants, and other providers to accomplish project milestones and project deliverables that may include schematic and PS&E level design for urban and rural transportation projects. This leadership role provides lead engineering support on roadway and transit projects, delegating to the team and inspiring them to do more and be better.
- Leading the team and growing the Houston office in morale, connectivity, and overall revenue.
- Leading project design teams to accomplish task assignments related to transit and roadway preliminary and final design for variety of transportation projects in accordance with federal, state, and local guidelines.
- Works as a true Project Manager and partners with the team while adhering to project scopes, budgets and schedules, client interaction, and implementing QA/QC program.
- Use MicroStation, GEOPAK, InRoads and OpenRoads software to develop designs of transportation design projects.
- Producing and leading the team in 3D geometric designs for roadway & highway horizontal & vertical geometry, intersection and interchanges, traffic control plans, utility layouts, cross sections, and detail sheets.
- Actively participate in implementing improvement initiatives to improve project quality and technical capabilities.
- Mentor and train members of project design team on various design tasks and tools.
- Support proposal development, project scoping and client relationship development.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in the state of Texas.
- Minimum 12 years’ experience as an engineer.
- Minimum 10 years progressively responsible design and/or project management experience with transportation.
- Comprehensive experience and expertise related to transportation (MUTCD, AASHTO Green Book, AASHTO Roadside Design Guide, Highway Safety Manual, Highway Capacity Manual and/or other related standards and guidelines).
- Expertise in MicroStation, GEOPAK, InRoads and OpenRoads. · Effective communication skills, both oral and written, and able to work well in a team environment.
- Detail oriented and self-starter who knows how to lead and inspire a team.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Transportation Engineer: 10 years (Preferred)
- Project management: 8 years (Preferred)
- Other applicable industries: Water, Bridge, Solar, Roadways, Railroads, Waste Water, Other Construction, etc.
- Civil 3D: 4 years (Preferred)
- MicroStation: 4 years (Preferred)
- GEOPAK: 4 years (Preferred)
- InRoads: 4 years (Preferred)
- OpenRoads: 4 years (Preferred)
- Professional and Licensed Engineer.
- Experience with Civil3D a plus.
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.