General Manager/Product Manager Dallas Texas
The Role: General Manager – Product
Location: Dallas, Texas
Our client is the leading digital platform for life insurance. As both a direct-to-consumer destination and an infrastructure provider, they power instant life insurance solutions for businesses of all sizes, across any channel. In a world full of unknowns, our client is on a mission to make life insurance accessible to millions of underserved families by creating the best possible products and experiences that serve future generations.
We are looking for a self-motivated and results-driven general manager to direct and manage our organization’s business activities and to develop and implement effective business strategies and programs. Understand and possess the ability to shape a product roadmap that best supports the business. Duties for the general manager will include allocating budget resources, formulating policies, coordinating business operations supported by growing product and engineering teams, monitoring and motivating staff, managing operational costs, ensuring good customer service, improving administration processes, engaging with vendors, hiring and training employees, identifying business opportunities, and monitoring financial activities, proficient at setting and exceeding P&L goals. Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision in directing business functions will assist our organization in maintaining relationships with clients, generating new business, increasing staff productivity, improving service, ensuring sustainability, and meeting business objectives.
The successful candidate for this role should possess excellent communication skills, superior knowledge of business functions, exceptional budgeting, and finance skills, and strong leadership qualities. The noteworthy general manager should account for all business activities, support staff development, enhance efficiency, drive sales and improve revenue, maintain relationships with clients, enhance the organization’s image, and meet overall growth objectives.
- Overseeing daily business operations.
- Developing and implementing growth strategies.
- Training low-level managers and staff.
- Creating and managing budgets.
- Improving revenue.
- Hiring employees.
- Evaluating performance and productivity.
- Analyzing accounting and financial data.
- Researching and identifying growth opportunities.
- Generating reports and giving presentations.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Bachelors degree in Business or a Masters in Business Administration, preferred.
- Strong mix of senior leadership experience; sales, product and technology
- Strong leadership qualities with a documented record of success
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Strong work ethic.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Computer literate.
- Proactive nature.
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.