General Manager Dallas Texas
The Role: General Manager
Location: Dallas, TX
HireBetter’s client is the premier full-service event rental company in Texas, with party rental, tent rental and production service capabilities. Clients range from the Dallas Cowboys and Dillard’s Department Stores to countless satisfied brides and back yard revelers. They provide canopy tent rentals and event equipment rentals for a wide range of Texas events — outdoor weddings, corporate events, festivals, tailgate parties, birthdays, graduation celebrations, backyard barbecues and more.
Are you entrepreneurial at heart? Have a go with the flow, we’ll make it happen no matter what attitude? Do you describe yourself as proactive with self-confidence and vision? If you are comfortable making risk decisions and don’t enjoy excessive rules, micromanagement, or second-guessing that would hinder progress and execution of the work at hand, then this could be a great environment for you.
In this role, the General Manager owns the P&L for his/her territory, and is ultimately responsible for their entire team across warehouse, field operations and sales functions.
This position requires a great deal of change and pressure, with shifting priorities, deadlines, and/or goals. If you enjoy a challenge and react positively/optimistically in unpredictable situations, please apply now!
- Own all aspects of personnel management, except for Operations and Warehouse Managers.
- Responsible for territory headcount and pay. Held accountable for territory labor cost relative to revenue.
- Develop Warehouse Managers and Operations Managers and employees to the point that your presence and guidance is rarely required.
- Monitor scheduling of employee hours to ensure maximum team motivation while minimizing cost.
- Weekly review and validation of employee payroll and on time payroll data submission.
- Supporting sales team with operational intel including pricing, problem solving, and sales guidance
- Supporting Warehouse Managers with ways to avoid transferring equipment from other territories, and inventory availability.
- Execute and supervise territory Safety Program in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Be available for communication with clients and employees at all hours or leave clear guidance for who will fill your role while you are not available
- Sales and operational decisions should be made ultimately with keeping company goals in mind ahead of territory goals, i.e., delivery location vs territory location/capability, condition of equipment sent on transfers, loading of transfer trucks and timing of transfer deliveries.
- Keep communication always flowing between territory Warehouse and Operations Managers, especially on transfers.
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with other territory GMs to facilitate operations (transfers, capability gap fills, exchange of best practices); includes encouraging communication by Warehouse and Operations Managers across territories when necessary.
- Be the Chief Celebration Officer for all team members, including birthdays, work anniversaries and territory/company successes
- Respond to after-hours emergencies within 15min by administering a rotating schedule for timely response with assistance as needed. Conduct training and rehearsals to validate your procedures monthly.
- Host weekly production meetings
- Approve/Deny transfer requests. Attempt to find solutions to problems prior to approving.
- Enforce error log participation by all employees to be reviewed weekly during Production Meetings
- Conduct written job debriefs on all potential repeat jobs over $10k in value
- Conduct frequent spot checks on all personnel for compliance with company policies and procedures
- Weekly and monthly POR maintenance. Weekly and monthly POR closeout and data updates
- Maintain accountability of all company property.
- Coordinate with WMs and OMs to plan and report estimated weekly labor. Report anticipated OT to VP of Operations upon request
- Financially responsible for all territory day-to-day purchasing
- Experience in growing a P&L is required.
- A background in Events, Operations, Logistics, or Rentals is highly preferred.
- College degree is preferred but will accept experience in lieu of.
- Must be open minded to suggestions from all levels of the organization!
- The role is client facing and you must be comfortable with handling difficult situations.
- Must be able to earn trust of the team quickly.
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.