Financial Analyst/ Category Analyst Austin Texas
The Role: Category Analyst
Location: Austin, TX
Hirebetter’s client is an American chain of convenience stores and gas stations located in the Central, North, South, and Southeast regions of Texas and Robertsdale, Alabama.
The Category Analyst is an integral member of the Marketing and Merchandising Category team and is responsible for conducting strategic advanced data analytics and visualization along with the creation/maintenance of business reporting. This position will support a variety of projects within the Category Management team.
- Using all available resources to analyze and interpret consumer and sales insights to identify consumer trends and identify potential marketing opportunities for the customers and stores
- Research and analyze data and other category-related information to identify trends, category performance, competitive threats, opportunities, , to support business decisions
- Use data sources to develop regular and ad hoc reports to include out of stock, opportunity gap, SKU rationalization, plan-o-gram analysis, promotion analysis, item tracking, pricing studies, financial performance, sales and movement
- Provide internal business management with accurate and pertinent information that enhances and guides effective decision making
- Consult with internal business teams to provide analysis and insights designed to support key business decisions
- Project management, which will include developing project plans, processes, and timelines
- Leverage analytical insights to develop actionable items for improvement
- Conduct field analysis to make recommendations for improvement
- Design, manage, and run customized reports for category managers, directors, and executives
- Liaison with IT to ensure necessary data requirements and increase knowledge base of how data flows, where it is stored, and how to access it in the enterprise system
- Determine market needs and/or gaps and assist in creating a strategy to capture new growth in the assigned areas
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned
- Employee must be able to perform essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
- Able to work a flexible schedule depending on the needs of the business; the typical workweek will be Monday through Friday, starting as early as 8 a.m. During new store openings, those hours may be extended beyond the normal workday and may, on limited occasions, require weekend work
- Some travel required, including overnights
- BA/BS in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Accounting, or related MBA is recommended but not required
- 2+ years of data analyst experience, including specific experience working with large scale data and customer segmentation analysis
- Strong analytic skills with a high attention to detail
- Strong skills in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Knowledgeable in Data Visualization products such as Tableau, MicroStrategy, or Spotfire
- Solution based analytics and report development
- Methods for effectively planning project scope, creating processes and timelines accordingly
- Solid communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to obtain and interpret data
- Effective presentation of findings, insights and strategic recommendations
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.