Escrow Officer Austin Texas
The Role: Escrow Officer
Location: Austin, Texas
HireBetter’s client provides immediate legal support for real estate transactions. They offer refinance, home equity, residential and commercial closing services superior to other title offices.
We are seeking a Senior Escrow Officer to join our Austin office. Our ideal Officer is a driven, goal-oriented professional who is eager to solve problems and overcome challenges. As the title is a service-based industry, our ideal candidate loves serving others, and does it at a high-level. The position is intended to be quickly growing with the ideal candidate moving to branch manager on an expedited schedule. Great management skills are a must.
- Act as primary manager for files ensuring g timely and accurate closings.
- Oversee the curative process, ensuring curative is done correctly and personally managing heavy curative needs.
- Interact and coordinate with industry contacts such as realtors, loan officers, underwriters, brokers, buyers, and sellers.
- Ensure all terms and conditions of the purchase agreement are being completed timely and accurately.
- Draft CDs and settlement statements for buyers, sellers, brokers, agents, and lenders.
- Continue to train all assistants up to a level where ALL escrow tasks are handled by assistants and managed by you.
- Juris Doctor degree is a plus
- At least 5 years of title experience
- At least 5 years of experience working with real estate closing: residential sales, refinance, commercial sales, REO and short sale escrow
- Strong understanding of real estate law, title and insurance, company policies and procedures, and regulatory guidelines
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of closing: front end, middle and back end including funding
- Possess a strong understanding of title commitments, mortgage loans, title insurance, and real estate contracts
- Must possess proficiency in escrow/title software
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must
- Must have a “go-getter” mentality and strong problem solving skills
- Must be able to work in Austin, TX
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.