Director of Purchasing San Antonio Texas
The Role: Director of Purchasing
Location: San Antonio, Texas
HireBetters client is known for changing the way the world thinks about sunscreen. The leading SPF- obsessed brand is 100% dedicated to protecting the skin and inspiring the world to live a life in the sunshine. Our client is laser focused on delivering innovative ways to easily allow consumers to incorporate SPF into their every-single-day beauty routine.
To support the ambitious growth plans in 2021 and beyond, our client is looking for a Director of Purchasing who will report to the Senior Vice President of Operations and serve as a critical member of the team. The ideal candidate will possess a passion for analyzing information, building relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, careful attention to detail, and the demonstrated ability to stay organized in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment. This person is also outstanding at communicating with all levels of the organization and is a motivated and creative problem solver.
- Manage full life cycle of the Purchasing process from PO submission to delivery of goods.
- Direct supervision of Purchasing Manager and additional headcount to facilitate growth plans.
- Lead Global Sourcing in negotiations and oversight to ensure quality, consistency, competitive costs and required service levels to maintain company standards and objectives.
- Hold vendors and contract manufacturers accountable for delivering on time and in full; and escalate when necessary.
- Review open Purchase Orders on a regular basis and conduct weekly meetings with suppliers and manufacturers to ensure production and delivery timelines are met.
- Interact with internal Product Development, Commercialization, Quality Control, Sales and Marketing teams to help facilitate new product launches, sampling programs, special promotions and sourcing of new components and collateral as required.
- Work closely with Sales, Operations and Finance to develop and improve forecasts, lead time management, safety stock targets and supply planning strategies to build and maintain proper stock positions.
- Manage Risk Work closely with manufacturers to establish stocking agreements for long lead and problematic raw materials.
- Negotiate yearly with suppliers and manufacturers to reduce costs.
- Strategic process improvement and updating of written procedures.
- Strategic sourcing of new and alternative suppliers to manage risk through diversification and establishment of secondary suppliers for key manufacturing components.
- Improve processes and uncover cost savings opportunities on a consistent basis.
- 5+ years Purchasing experience in a consumer goods utilizing contract manufacturing
- 3+ years of management experience
- Bachelors degree required; Supply Chain Management or Operations Management preferred
- CPG, cosmetics, skincare, supplements industry strongly preferred
- Proven success managing direct reports, improving processes and building out a Purchasing Department in a high growth environment
- Ability to travel to contract manufacturers located in the US.
- Experience with ERP systems and managing Forecasting and Procurement software
- Proficiency in Excel and Google Suite
- Must be skilled at asserting yourself to push suppliers to improve delivery dates in the face of rapid growth and unforeseen challenges that arise on a regular basis
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Great communication skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to thrive in a fast-changing environment and contribute to high-growth
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.