Director of Business Development Remote United States
The Role: Director of Business Development
HireBetters client is a premier coaching and professional services firm that solves critical business challenges through strategy, talent, and c-suite engagements. Multi-year engagements are typical to embed sustainable change that transforms the business. This firm has a national reach and is delivering services within the biggest companies and cities in the United States.
We are currently seeking an experienced Director of Business Development with strong commercial savvy that has the proven ability to build and grow a successful sales engine and close business. The Director of Business Development will also be responsible for staying focused on driving qualified opportunities into and through the sales pipeline and developing strategic alliances in tight collaboration with executive coaching teammates.
- Developing, coordinating and implementing plans to increase existing business and capture new opportunities
- Establishing and building strong executive-level relationships, exceeding client expectations and selling incremental services to new and current clients
- Building and managing long term strategic partnerships with non-competitor companies in synergistic industries
- Structuring commercial terms with prospects and clients including SOWs, proposals and contract origination
- Actively developing a sustainable and scalable lead generation process for growth
- Developing the pitch for selling solutions and consultative selling
- Working with leadership to further evolve the sales model, including value proposition, pricing strategy, and creating and managing active marketing campaigns
- Bringing sales expertise and sophistication to the team with strategic thinking and hands-on implementation and internal education of sales processes
- Working independently with an ability to succeed in a highly entrepreneurial and self-motivated environment
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum 8 years of sales and business development experience
- Minimum 5 years successfully selling professional development services, management consulting services or human capital management services
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree preferred
- Demonstrated superior ability to develop and lead relationship-building activities with C-Level executives
- Expertise in sales planning, consultative selling, building relationships, managing processes and sales presentations
- High emotional intelligence with demonstrated self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy, and social skills
- Thrives in a culture that is highly collaborative and values team performance
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, decision making, and negotiation skills
- Ability to travel 30%
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), proven Internet research capabilities as well as experience utilizing CRM and marketing automation systems
Compensation and Benefits
Our client offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, paid time off and a 401K plan.
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.