Compensation & Benefits Specialist Dallas Texas
The Role: Compensation & Benefits Specialist
Location: Dallas, TX
The company is the tenth-largest solar installer in the U.S. Founded in Austin in 2007, they now serve Texas, Colorado, Florida, North Carolina, and Virginia! Our client’s residential and commercial solar reputation is based on their dedication to quality and service. Their mission is to empower everyone to get clean, affordable, and reliable energy from the sun.
We are currently hiring for a Compensation & Benefits Specialist. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the administration of compensation and benefits. Salary, insurance & healthcare, PTO, 401(k);s, bonuses, and incentives that all fall within compensation and benefits rewards. The position will also assist in processing weekly payroll, including but not limited to, reconciling missed contributions/deductions, and other payroll duties. Working alongside with the payroll team, you must be able to have strong communication skills, attention to detail, sound judgement, ability to meet deadlines, and be able to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Review salary changes, new hire information and status changes. Back-up payroll admin for payrolls in the absence of the payroll team.
- Assist the payroll team with the weekly timecard audits.
- Assist with responding to employees for payroll inquiries, mailing checks, scanning/filing, complete labor and statistics filing, responding to employment verifications, special payroll projects as needed, pre & post payroll reporting.
- Respond to reporting agencies for national support medical claims for all regions.
- Assist with benchmarking activities by supporting pay and benefits survey input.
- Responsible for administering all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information. Work with benefits managing broker to resolve benefit discrepancies.
- Assist new-hire orientations.
- Assist with the company’s open enrollment process.
- Audit monthly benefit deductions.
- Responds to 401(k) inquiries from managers and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes, contribution amounts. Manage the annual catch-up contribution enrollments.
- Gather data to perform quality checks of benefits-related data.
- Resolve benefits discrepancies.
- Respond to benefits inquiries from employees/managers on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Payroll Manager.
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws.
- Proficiency in ADP Workforce Now, and working with HRIS
- 3+ years of experience in the payroll and benefit department
- The knowledge, skills, and abilities you should have:
- Ability to work independently under general direction.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Process and detail-oriented; great team player.
- Ability to work with diverse and strong personalities to drive results in fast-paced environment.
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.