Collections Manager Austin Texas
The Role: Collections Manager
Location: Austin, TX
The company is the tenth-largest solar installer in the U.S. Founded in Austin in 2007, they now serve Texas, Colorado, Florida, North Carolina, and Virginia! Our client’s residential and commercial solar reputation is based on their dedication to quality and service. Their mission is to empower everyone to get clean, affordable, and reliable energy from the sun.
We are looking for an exceptional team leader that can guide our Customer Payment process. This successful candidate will lead the company’s accounts receivable process specifically related to customer sales, resolving missed payments and effectively supervising staff engaged in similar activities. Equally important in this role is providing leadership and assistance in project implementations and identifying system improvements. This Customer Payment Manager will work cross-functionally with our Sales, Operations, Finance, Accounting, and Customer Care teams. This is an in-office position, to be based in Austin, Texas.
- Build the collections team and manage its day-to-day operations.
- Contribute to the development and lead processes and procedures for following up on the collection of overdue accounts.
- Investigate collections issues and develop, execute, and contribute to collections strategies while ensuring our customers’ experiences are extraordinary.
- Ensure that the company follows all protocols, laws and regulations applicable to the collections process.
- Monitor the status of collection activities, including past due invoices, and make collections calls via phone to obtain a thorough understanding of issues and to identify appropriate strategies to obtain payments of past due accounts.
- Leads monthly accounts receivable review.
- Ideate and propose new collections strategies and processes to minimize delinquent payments and improve operational efficiency.
- Maintain and manage an exceptionally high level of data integrity and precision.
- Work cross functionally and strategize with other departments to enhance our customer experience, while simultaneously mitigating risk.
- Work with CFO, Director of Finance, and Controller to identify and reduce credit and financial risks, while enhancing the company’s overall risk management process.
- 4+ years of experience working on collections matters
- Strong proficiency in the areas of collections, credit, and fraud mitigation
- Experience in customer success, customer support, sales, retention, accounts receivable or account management
- Proficiency in MS office
- Experience in an office setting and tenacity to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of integrity, accuracy, and precision
- Strong organizational skills, solution-oriented, and results-driven
- Strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills with a positive attitude
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.