Chief Operating Officer Austin Texas
The Role: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Austin, Texas
Our client is a leading solar supply chain solutions provider, offering end-to-end solutions, unmatched expertise, and superior service to help its partners solve the most complex supply chain issues.
Chief Operating Officer (COO) is a strategic leader and partner with the executive team responsible for all functions of the operations for the company including order fulfillment, receiving, warehousing, freight, and drayage. The COO will focus on the overall health and growth of the company with an emphasis on automation, systems, and continuous process improvement.
- Manage operations effectively and efficiently through continuous improvement practices
- Effective manage operations teams with a focus on cultivating leadership skills in a positive, healthy and productive environment
- Manage customer inventory held in the company warehouses
- Support logistics sales team in the generation of proposals
- Manage the handoff from sales to operations
- Create accurate budgets for each logistics project
- Manage the company leased warehouses
- Regularly review 3 PL vendor offerings to ensure best pricing while looking for alternative providers when necessary
- Handle all escalations to ensure best outcomes
- Utilize NPS to ensure highest customer satisfaction
- Work cross functionally with other teams to ensure smooth workflow and cost-effective business processes
- Prepare and present detailed quarterly results to the Board of Directors
- Track profitability
- Partner with CEO to develop, finalize and implement KPIs and reporting capabilities in order to track key business metrics
- Partner with CEO to create annual division budgets
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields of study
- At least 10 years of professional operational experience
- At least 5 years of successful people leadership experience
- Supply chain, logistics or distribution experience within the solar industry
- Proven experience scaling revenues from $100M to excess of $500M
- Growth mindset for building and scaling rapidly growing organizations
- Problem solver with the ability to proactively foresee potential issues
- Curious and detail oriented
- Highly collaborative proactively communicator
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.