Chief Advancement Officer Austin Texas
The Role: Chief Advancement Officer
Location: Austin, Texas
HireBetter’s client is a community informed 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to providing access to culturally affirming, quality health services in a safe and supportive environment with an expertise in serving LGBTQIA+ people and people impacted by HIV. Since 2015, the organization has provided health services without stigma or judgment and has empowered the community through outreach and education.
The Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) is a strategic leader and partner with the executive team responsible for advancing the mission of the company through philanthropic revenue generation and communications functions. The CAO will be directly responsible for soliciting major gifts and cultivating relationships of major donors. The CAO will design and execute plans to generate philanthropic revenue (e.g. donations, grants, corporate and private foundation grants and gifts, etc.), and communicate with stakeholders and audiences through various mediums and functions including marketing/advertising, public relations, social media for various purposes such as philanthropic revenue generation, organizational needs, advertising to support growth, education and awareness, combatting stigma, etc. The CAO will lead a team of people to support the execution of fundraising and communication strategies.
- Develops and solicits gifts from prospective major donors
- Steward existing major donor relationships
- Evaluate the philanthropic revenue needs of the organization and develop goals to advance the mission
- Create and execute strategies to grow philanthropic/contributed revenue from individuals, corporations, foundations, and other avenues as appropriate
- Partner with CEO, Board Chair, and others as appropriate for gift solicitation
- Serve as executive liaison for board committees pertaining to advancement functions
- Serve as an ambassador, champion, and spokesperson of the mission of Texas Health Action and its programs
- Lead a team of people responsible for fundraising, marketing and advertising, creative and content creation, social media, and public relations
- Provide management, mentorship, and development opportunities for staff within reporting scope
- Ensure the voice and brand presence across platforms and mediums for all messaging is reflective of Texas Health Action and programs
- Provide strategic direction for marketing and advertising functions in concert with appropriate stakeholders
- H.S. Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) is preferred.
- 5 years of experience in the fundraising/development field with a proven track record of successfully developing and executing large-scale fundraising campaigns is required.
- 2 years of experience in overseeing marketing, advertising, or other communications functions is required.
- Experience in healthcare preferred but not required.
- Experience with LGBTQIA+ and/or other marginalized communities a strong plus.
- Microsoft Office Skills with an ability to become familiar with company or position specific programs or software.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Understands the importance of maintaining confidentiality; able to maintain confidentiality under HIPAA standards.
- Must have the ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy and tact; excellent customer services and interpersonal communication skills;
- Cultural sensitivity and demonstrated ability to work with diverse people groups.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills in English; Additional language abilities desirable.
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Ability to effectively interact with persons of widely diverse roles, backgrounds, cultures, and socio-economic classes, those in crises or resistant or negative toward organizations.
- Ability to apply time management practices to prioritize, schedule and complete work effectively to comply with mandated policies and deadlines.
- Must be able to work productively with other departments and employees.
- Ability to work with professionals from various partners and organizations.
- Usually works forty (40) hours per week, some weekends may be required.
- Ability to successfully manage conflict, negotiating “win-win” solutions.
- Must possess leadership qualities and be able to supervise and secure the cooperation of
- Ability to express and exchange ideas via spoken word during activities in which they must convey detail or important spoken instructions to others accurately, sometimes quickly and loudly.
- Perform repetitive motions with wrists, hands, and fingers. Individual must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and to be able to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to work and concentrate amidst distractions such as noise, conversation, and foot traffic; ability to handle interruptions often and be able to move from one task to another.
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.