CFO Remote United States
The Role: Chief Financial Officer
Location: Remote or Las Vegas
HireBetters client is based in Las Vegas, NV is a $200+M revenue, growth/expansion stage company in the health, wellness and fitness space. Their primary product offerings include: digital health/wellness/training programs, nutritional supplements and active wear. Our client is seeking to hire a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to office remotely or in Las Vegas.
Our client is one of the fastest growing fitness and nutrition brands in the world. Since their launch in 2016, their brands have provided life changing programs, personal coaching, supplements and activewear to millions of clients around the world.
The CFO is broadly accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, including the development of a financial and operational strategy, identifying, and tracking relevant KPIs, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems (Sarbanes Oxley, IFRS and other standards and pronouncements, as applicable) to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working as a full-time CFO in the Health and Wellness – SaaS/eCommerce space to help identify growth opportunities/M&A, implement scalable accounting policies & procedures, drive an ERP implementation and determine whether they should raise capital, debt, IPO, etc.
- Assist in formulating the companys future direction through providing input on the companys business plan, financial and tax strategies, budgeting, and forecasting
- Develop performance measures that support the companys strategic direction
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Manage the accounting, human resources, investor relations, legal, tax, and treasury departments
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations, if any.
- Manage any third parties to which accounting or finance functions have been outsourced.
- Oversee the companys transaction processing systems
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
- Review and approve all filings required by the Securities and Exchange Commission, as applicable.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the companys risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry; ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Report financial results to the board of directors; report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage for corporation and facilities
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts; arrange for debt and equity financing; invest funds
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelors degree in finance, operations, research, statistics, math, economics, or related analytical discipline preferred.
- Masters degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience
- CPA/CMA, a plus.
- Prior experience as a CFO in a fast-growing Health and Wellness – SaaS/eCommerce company that has experienced growth ideally north of $600M+ in revenues.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or prior experience as an advisor to or executive at a growth/expansion-stage company
- Advanced Excel proficiency. 10+ years of practical experience of using Excel for building and maintaining financial models
- A natural curiosity and a big picture mentality
- Strong communication and presentation skills; must have firsthand knowledge and experience with Wall Street and investor relations
- Great leadership presence with strong relationship and influencing skills
- Displays resilience when making challenging decisions and understanding the risks, especially in a growth/expansion stage environment
- Comfortable putting in place organizational structure and has a point of view on how to develop a finance organization.
- High energy and action-oriented with a history of getting things done in complex environments
- An entrepreneur who sees ambiguity as opportunity, and obstacles as chances to build
- Low-ego while still having the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.