CFO Irvine California
The Role: CFO
Location: Irvine, CA
Our client is the parent company with five thriving companies that it supports. They are led with highly driven and proven entrepreneurs that lead with integrity and focus on growth with a long history of promoting within and developing their number one asset- the people that work there.
In order to support the expansive growth plan our client has set, we are seeking a Chief Financial Officer to manage the accounting team and all accounting functions. The Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for ensuring all systems are utilized, the team and processes are optimized and will serve as a valued member on the executive leadership team.
Coordination and review of monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial statements and tax returns for all businesses
- Off balance sheet management and reporting of CEO OA account, including interest calculations
- Detail budgets and forecasts by type of business and by Individual VP’s
- Assist with the development of a more efficient close process getting relevant consolidating data to management in a timely manner
- Clean up intercompany accounts (tax vs book) and set up new more efficient system of recording these transactions
- Develop more efficient and streamlined process to account for and record officer expenses and gross ups
- Investor financing review of process and consistency
- Executive meeting updates to management on a regular basis
- Develop easy to follow “Dash Board” consistent yet relevant to the various businesses and owners
Equity Management including forecasting requirements, obtaining outside financing, and reporting business results in acceptable form for external (GAAP) and internal (management requirements.
- Banking relationships and reporting including loan covenant management
- Investor financing
- Credit card line management (corporate UBB, Debit, and Amex cards)
Cash and Debt forecasting/management
- Provide adequate finding and securities for the current and anticipated business requirements through cash, credit, insurance, and bonds
- CEO personal cash requirements balanced with the equity requirements/forecasting
Develop HR roles and responsibilities to meet various requirements
- Keep up to date on laws and opportunities in conjunction with the legal department
- Get involved with day to day requests
- Set up efficient processes for personal VOE, i.e. when Owners need outside lending (homes, cars, etc.)
- Assist finance team with daily management of cash, LOC’s, credit cards (including points management) and bank accounts
- Support finance departments with the implementation and transition from QuickBooks to Dynamics
Oversee finance department, including payroll, structure and support
- One on One’s
- Proper Staffing/qualifications
- Set up path, goals, and support for senior staff (controller, payroll manager, Empire and Home Genius finance managers)
Provide risk management support, structure alignments, discussions, and negotiations to ensure management understands current risks, proper safeguards are taken, and appropriate policies are obtained at a reasonable cost
- Policies currently include general liability, workers compensation, EPL/D&O, lawyer, property, crime, pollution, etc.
- Oversight on the reporting of claims and the general safety program
- Coordinate brokers, carriers, policy audits, reviews, obtainment of policies, and renewals
- Oversee tax, workers comp, and other audits from outside entities
- Advise on and contribute to key decisions about the business. Take an active role in the development of initiatives, including the establishment of long-term goals and objectives, and evaluation of and due diligence on opportunities to grow the business.
- Work with functional owners across the business to develop robust dashboards of key metrics, review processes, and analytical support to enable leaders to more effectively operate their function, with a keen understanding of interrelationship of operating drivers and financial results.
- Oversee key functional initiatives that have a significant impact on financials and critical decisioning by the company, to insure the functions have the proper foundational capabilities to drive their parts of the business with an understanding of financial impact (example initiatives would include pricing models in Sales and costing initiatives in Operations).
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA highly preferred.
- Must be familiar with GAAP policies and procedures
- Minimum of 15 years of progressive finance experience, with a minimum of 10 years of experience in managing teams, people, and projects.
- Ability to navigate in an entrepreneurial environment
- Systems expert level proficiency with Dynamics or similar system.
- Managing financial roll ups of multiple joint ventures.
- Presence – Demonstrates an executive-level presence, good business judgment, a comfortable, open communication style, and a willingness and ability to work with a high level of complexity.
- Interaction Style – Ability to interact and partner with all levels of management and stakeholders, specifically senior management.
- Knowledge and Analytical Ability – Strong analytical and process improvement skills. Masters ability to listen and interpret, negotiate, influence, build relationships, challenge assumptions, facilitate healthy discussion, and resolve conflict.
- Change Agent – Flexibility and ability to anticipate change and respond to business needs and priorities with agility. High energy, positive, with “can do” attitude and intellectual curiosity.
- Mission Minded – Strong sense of purpose and zeal for success and growth. Strongly motivated to consistently “go above and beyond” to achieve company’s vision and mission. Effective motivator and coach to the organization. Ability to personalize vision and mission to each stakeholder for buy in.
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.