CFO Austin Texas
The Role: Chief Financial Officer
Location: Austin, TX
HireBetters client is based in Minnetonka, MN and relocating to Austin, TX, is a growth/expansion stage company ($400M valuation) with a global footprint. Our client is revolutionizing parking management by providing smart parking – total system solutions for municipalities and private lot operators yielding unprecedented, diversified revenue streams. Our client is seeking a Chief Financial Officer in the Software/Technology space capable of preparing the publicly traded company for rapid growth and expansion across the globe.
The CFO is broadly accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, including the development of a financial and operational strategy, identifying, and tracking relevant KPIs, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems (Sarbanes Oxley, IFRS and other standards and pronouncements, as applicable) to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results while maintaining relationships with investors and Wall Street.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working as a full-time CFO in the Software/Technology space to help identify growth opportunities / M&A, implement scalable accounting policies & procedures, drive an ERP implementation, and determine whether they should raise capital, debt, IPO, etc.
- Assist in formulating the companys future direction through providing input on the companys business plan, financial and tax strategies, budgeting, and forecasting
- Develop performance measures that support the companys strategic direction
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Manage the accounting, human resources, investor relations, legal, tax, and treasury departments
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations
- Manage any third parties to which accounting or finance functions have been outsourced
- Oversee the companys transaction processing systems
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
- Review and approve all filings required by the Securities and Exchange Commission
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the companys risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry; ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Report financial results to the board of directors; report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage for corporation and facilities
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts; arrange for debt and equity financing; invest funds
- Bachelors degree in finance, operations, research, statistics, math, economics, or related analytical discipline preferred.
- Masters degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience
- CPA/CMA, a plus.
- Prior experience as a CFO in a fast-growing, pre-SPAC/IPO company that has experienced growth ideally north of $200M+ in revenues.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or prior experience as an advisor to or executive at a growth/expansion-stage company
- Advanced Excel proficiency. 10+ years of practical experience of using Excel for building and maintaining financial models
- A natural curiosity and a big picture mentality
- Strong communication and presentation skills; must have firsthand knowledge and experience with Wall Street and investor relations
- Great leadership presence with strong relationship and influencing skills
- Displays resilience when making challenging decisions and understanding the risks, especially in a growth/expansion stage environment
- Comfortable putting in place organizational structure and has a point of view on how to develop a finance organization.
- High energy and action-oriented with a history of getting things done in complex environments
- An entrepreneur who sees ambiguity as opportunity, and obstacles as chances to build
- Low-ego while still having the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.