Automation Engineer II Salem New Hampshire
The Role: Automation Engineer II
Location: Salem, NH
HireBetter’s client is the branding, marketing, and digital agency for mission-driven organizations. They believe in thinking deeply, experimenting often, and hitting the mark every time. They help nonprofits, associations, universities, and government agencies more deeply connect with their audiences, increase their revenue and relevance, and improve their communities. Services include user research, branding, design, marketing campaigns, content strategy, copy-writing, website design and development, and analytics.
The Automation Engineer II has intermediate to advanced interdisciplinary command of electrical, mechanical, and software/control systems skill sets. Operating under the guidance of an Automation Engineer III, this engineer is capable and responsible for equipment lifecycle management: developing, designing, introducing to production, updating and supporting installed systems. CAD expertise is sufficient to be a backup blow mold designer supporting the primary CAD technician.
- Operates within the Quality Management System
- Provides CAD expertise and backup to CAD technician in support of blow mold design
- Analyzes installed base of hardware and software challenges and provides resolution options
- Assesses installed base for opportunities to increase automation and uptime.
- Designs – determines project specifications and schedule by studying product design, customer requirements, performance standards and completing technical studies as needed.
- Documents the Design, Equipment Specifications, Factory Acceptance Criteria in partnership with the internal customer
- Plans Projects – working with CAD tech, machine shop and other technical personnel, develops project plans and budget
- Coordinating with the Machine Shop Supervisor, loads & sequences tasks for machine building, assists in staging, controlling and consuming materials required for machine builds
- Executes – controls project schedule and progress; coordinating activities; resolving design or supply problems, recommending actions, updating drawings and assembly sequences, communicating changes in schedule and financials
- Ensures safety & design performance to specifications (EQS) by performing a factory acceptance test (FAT) or Site
- Acceptance Test (SAT) with the internal customer as appropriate.
- Supports internal customer until performance is satisfactory to operations manager.
- Operational Performance – obtains process data from internal customers to assess the post-introduction design success and/or opportunities for improvement (did the design achieve the intended performance over time?)
- Drives continuous improvement through the (re)design of assembly processes and equipment, supporting both quality and productivity advancement, utilizing Lean Manufacturing methods
- Scope – designs tools, fixtures, semi-automatic and fully automatic machines
- Assists tool, fixture, machine builder(s) in debugging new designs
- Supports equipment customers as required for design reviews, installation, acceptance, post installation consultation. Primarily Salem, NH and may travel periodically to Chattanooga, TN.
- Successfully completes assigned training
- Fulfills other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science / Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering preferred; Electrical Engineering with a Machine
- Design Concentration considered.
- 3-5+years of interdisciplinary experience in lifecycle management of machines, tools, fixtures
- Education, certifications, and demonstrable relevant expertise is considered.
- Expertise in machine automation and concepts, interfacing with production software systems
- Expertise in a solid modeler CAD tool and a document control system
- Creates, maintains, and organizes CAD drawings of parts, tools, fixtures, and assemblies
- Schematic generation
- Performs appropriate tolerance analysis
- Allen Bradley controller expertise is preferred
- Controller software generation (machine controls, integration of upstream/downstream instruments)
- Working knowledge of AI / Machine Learning is a plus
- Seeks and implements optimal technology and best practices
- High degree of ownership
- Results oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work effectively under deadlines
- Ability to effectively present ideas and concepts to top management and to implement ideas that improve processing
- Positive attitude, self-driven, willingness to learn (self-teach) as well as through vendor sponsored training
- Communicates and drives projects in a positive, inclusive manner
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.