11500 Alterra Pkwy
Type of Position: Human Resources
Job Number: 2546
The Role: Vice President of People & Culture
Location: Austin, TX
HireBetter’ s client is a rapidly growing technology company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. The company provides software applications, interoperability and data management solutions to emergency medical services, fire departments and hospitals.
As a member of the executive team, the Vice President of People & Culture will oversee the human resources function including organizational development, recruitment and staffing, employment law, performance management, employee relations, and compensation and benefits. As the company seeks to grow, this person will lead efforts with regard to mergers & acquisitions assessment and integration as it relates to talent, benefits and compensation.
The VP People & Culture will serve as senior advisor to the executive team and managers regarding human resources trends, issues and company best practices. Working with the Employee Engagement Manager, this individual will facilitate and provide guidance to managers in HR matters, direct staff on HR functions, manage hiring practices, including recruiting and selection, and develop, interpret and implement policies and procedures according to federal and state laws and regulations. This person will handle grievances and participate in coaching, disciplining and terminating employees in cooperation with department heads and direct managers.
- Cultivate employee engagement, retention, and professional development. Evaluate the organizational structure and impact positive changes
- Oversee and enhance performance management processes
- Provide management, leadership and direction to human resources staff as well as outside recruitment specialists
- Manage overall recruiting processes by partnering with managers to identify and understand job specifications and hiring needs, drafting/updating job descriptions, and ensuring the interviewing and onboarding process meets company requirements and provides a welcoming new hire experience
- Manage the compensation program; conduct salary surveys, provide compensation analysis and recommendations, and ensure that compensation program parameters support business objectives
- Provide employee relations guidance and support to all employees on HR-related issues
- Manage the company’ s health benefits and welfare programs and compliance needs including FMLA, ADA, ACA, as well as COBRA and HSA administration
- Align human capital goals in support of the team to promote organizational roles and goals
- Ensure the company meets all federal, state, and local related compliance standards and requirements and that the company policies, procedures, and handbook are aligned with applicable laws and regulations
- Bachelor’ s degree in human resources or business management and advanced degree preferred
- 12 to 15 years of human resources experience with a track record of progressive leadership roles
- PHR or SPHR preferred
- Experience working in SaaS/software
- Previous experience in a fast-paced, scaling environment
- Experience with acquisitions and mergers, assessing pre-integration and managing post-integration
- A proactive self-starter who can demonstrate critical thinking, on-the-spot problem solving, passion, and collaborative leadership style
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.