2205 W Braker Lane
Type of Position: Operations
Job Number: 2899
HireBetter has been retained by a rapidly growing commercial construction firm in Austin, TX to identify their Vice President of Interiors. Our client has been voted Best Places to Work for the past four years, they embrace a culture where commitment, respect, passion and integrity are a part of every day.
As a Vice President of Interiors, you will manage client projects and report directly to the Chief Operating Officer. This is a chance to support the growth of the organization, serve as a mentor and to implement new ways to improve the quality of work. You will own P&L responsibilities, build out teams to assist in the projects and lend your knowledge in the industry.
- Identify new business opportunities, direct multiple projects and take full control of client relationships within your business silo
- Manage existing and develop new relationships with subcontractors and vendors
- Lead your team to work in a cooperative environment, positively impact others while producing exceptional customer service and produce impeccable work
- Ensure pipeline of projects to maintain appropriate staffing efficiency
- Maintain full responsibility for Profit and Loss of the business unit while keeping decisions in line with the overall company goals and needs
- Negotiate and execute client contracts as well as project subcontracts
- Manage all areas of projects including scheduling, budget, projections, etc.
- Maintain a full understanding of accounting system and principals of construction finances
- Full understanding of owner’ s contract, bonds, fees, notifications, requirements, schedules, reporting and costs
- Update projections and manage work to meet and exceed projected profit targets
- Skillfully manage project process from preconstruction, construction and completion of the close-out and warranty period
- Coordinate with internal departments to ensure all administrative pieces are in place: schedules, contracts, budgets and projections
- Work cross-functionally to lend your assistance and expertise within internal business- units
- Implement new ways to improve quality of work, increase productivity and exceed client expectations
- Expert knowledge of commercial construction industry, building products, safety regulations, local and state building codes and general construction processes and practices
- Fifteen plus years of experience as a project manager or construction manager
- Ten plus years managing subcontractors and vendors
- Strong commitment to excellence, highly detailed and deadline oriented
- Ability to embrace company objectives and core values
- Servant leader mentality, strategic and accountable
- Ability to prioritize and manage workflows that are efficient, timely and accurate
- Proficient in MSOffice Suite
- Proficiency in project management software
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com.
Applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U. S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.