100 Congress Avenue Suite 1550
Type of Position: Accounting & Finance
Job Number: 2684
The Role: Staff Accountant
Location: Austin, TX
Hirebetter’ s client is private investment management firm that acquires distressed debt and equity opportunistically, across multiple commercial asset classes and geographies. Our client underwrites and manages investments and rigorous approaches to collateral assessment valuation with a focus on returning capital and profits to investors quickly. Our client’ s culture is collegial and fast paced with an entrepreneurial feel where employees are serious about doing their best for their investors every day.
This position supports the finance and accounting functions of operating entities and investment partnerships. As part of a small accounting department, you will execute core functions and best practices related to financial statement preparation and reporting, expense management and investment support.
- Maintain financial statements for operating entities
- Reconcile financial statements monthly to bank account records and transaction documentation
- Manage bill pay and tracking process for operating entities and 50+ investment entities
- Coordinate with outside Fund Administrator and Tax Accountants on investment entity financial statements review
- Assist with account set up, reporting and liquidity management for investments.
- Work for Underwriting and Asset Management departments to maintain organized files through investment life cycles. ?
- Bachelor’ s degree (required)
- 5+ years of experience in an accounting role
- Proficient in QuickBooks and Excel
- Can work beyond standard hours during peak reporting periods
- Experience with identifying and implementing process efficiencies
- Experience with investment, loan an mortgage documents, a plus