500 N Lamar Blvd Suite 150
Type of Position: Accounting & Finance
Job Number: 2694
Downtown Austin, TX
We are currently searching for a Bookkeeper for one of our clients in Austin, TX. The Bookkeeper will perform the day to day transactional duties including but not limited to accounts receivable, accounts payable, and reconciliations for the credit card and bank accounts. The ideal candidate will have worked in a small start up company environment in the accounting field and possess a go-getter mentality to tackle new tasks with little direction. The best candidate will be an independent worker that is comfortable interfacing with customers as well as working in an energetic environment. Must be proficient with QuickBooks Online.
- Performing all accounts payable activities, including invoice submission tracking, general ledger and project coding, obtaining invoice approvals, payment processing, and filing and data storage.
- Research, analyze, coordinate, and respond to incoming inquiries regarding status of accounts.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of full cycle accounts receivable including responsible for investigating delinquent accounts, contacting customers via verbal and written communications and preparing reports for management.
- Support monthly close and reconciliation processes as needed.
- Managing large amounts of data.
- Maintain accounting filing system and controls over accounting transactions.
- 2-4 years experience as a bookkeeper.
- QuickBooks online expert required.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word.
- Inventory accounting background preferred.
- Ability to key data accurately and quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Solid problem-solving skills, analytical abilities, and attention to detail.
- Exceptional customer service skills and attitude as well as comfortable working in an independent or collaborative team environment.
- Initiative and passion to perform with high standards.
- Proactive in nature.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and requirements.