HireBetter has been retained to identify a Senior Accountant for a leading manufacturer of consumer-packaged goods products in the Austin, TX area. Our client designs and delivers industry leading, award winning products known for their engineering, aesthetic and design
The Senior Accountant reports directly to the CFO and will be instrumental in the growth of the company as a strategic business partner and advisor. You will have the opportunity to assist in the direction and expansion of the accounting department.
• Perform month-end closing and prepare journal entries as necessary
• Reconcile and maintain assets both onsite and offsite
• Ensure accuracy of trial balance
• Balance sheet accounts reconciliations
• Research and reconcile all discrepancies
• Perform monthly expenses variance-to-budget analysis
• Maintain process documentation
• Work closely with Accounting Associate on A/P and A/R activities
• Assist in preparation of the year-end audit, internal audits, and tax filings
• Assist in preparation of the annual budget and semi-annual forecasts
• Perform activities involving complex accounting reports and accounting analyses with related spreadsheets and applications input
• Research and resolve complex accounting issues and transactions including related internal controls
• Interface with management in various departments
• Special projects as required
• A bachelor’ s degree in accounting is required as well as a minimum of 3 years of experience in performing general accounting duties.
• Possess excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
• Have strong PC skills with proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office Products
• Ability to read, compare, and interpret figures and data.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to present complex mathematical information in a clear, accessible way
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U. S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.