7171 Southwest Pkwy Bldg. 300 Suite 400
Type of Position: Accounting & Finance
Job Number: 2505
The Role: We are currently searching for an Interim Senior Accountant for an Austin Based company. This position will have tremendous exposure to all aspects of the accounting cycle, and the ideal candidate has a solid understanding of US GAAP, general accounting processes and internal controls.
- Maintain heavy focus on balance sheet activities including helping to create, improve, and conduct detailed reconciliations that will support process improvement and standardization.
- Perform monthly closing activities including P&L related adjustments through manual journal entries.
- Assist with continuous improvement, automation, and internal control initiatives in support of corporate strategies.
- Generate ad-hoc financial reports, perform general ledger account analysis and technical accounting research as requested.
- Work actively with cross-functional teams to drive process and project completion.
- Actively support internal and external audits including preparation of audit support and responding to auditor inquiries.
As a Senior Accountant, you have:
- Bachelor’ s degree in accountancy.
- At least 4 years of similar experience, including 2 years in public accounting.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley regulations.
- Ability to understand complex accounting matters and work independently with limited supervision.
- An analytical mindset and ability to identify sources of financial fluctuations.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and present complex technical and functional analysis and ideas to management.
- Master’ s degree and/or a current CPA (or equivalent) license
- Experience with Oracle, Essbase, and/or HFM
- eCommerce and/or logistics industry experience