Type of Position: Sales & Business Development
Job Number: 2701
The Role: Regional Sales Manager – Northeast
Location: Northeast USA, preferably Philadelphia or Boston
Vital Farms, a Certified B Corp and pioneer of pasture-raising, offers a range of ethically sourced products nationwide. Started on a single farm in Austin, Texas in 2007, we were recently recognized as a Forbes Small Giant due to our exceptional growth and conscious business practices. We’ re THE leading producer of pasture-raised eggs in the country and in 2018 became the first brand to offer pasture-raised ready-to-eat hard-boiled eggs. We introduced a pasture-raised, American-made butter in 2015 and most recently launched pasture-raised ghee butter. We raise the welfare standards for happy, healthy hens and contented cows, with products of exceptional taste and nutrition. Our products are sold in more than 10, 000 grocery stores nationwide. Our corporate office is in south Austin (TX).
This individual will grow our Grocery presence in a critical geography for Vital Farms – the Northeast U.S. Furthest from our base, this region features unique retailers and personalities as well as strong competition. A successful candidate will have strong sales experience building business plans, establishing relationships internally and externally, and creating solutions to unlock sales opportunities. Collaboration with Sales Planning and the cross functional HQ team (marketing, shopper marketing, supply chain, finance) is critical to both success and Vital Farms culture.
- Maintain and expand customer base by building and maintaining rapport with key distributors and customers; identify new customer opportunities
- Build a strategic and collaborative annual trade promotion calendar for each customer
- Track weekly consumption, distribution, pricing, and sales to continuously achieve forecast accuracy
- Create meaningful presentations for category reviews using category, brand, and item insights to capitalize on opportunities
- Develop, manage, and support a broker network, including setting standards and performing reviews
- Partner with marketing on impactful shopper marketing on Vital Farm priorities at strategic accounts
- Work cross-functionally with supply chain on seasonality, pipeline build, & accurate forecasting
- Manage annual or bi-annual dairy reset to get maximum distribution on innovation and current items
- Perform retail level store checks in all markets as needed to ensure execution of initiatives and uncover opportunities
- Attend trade shows to represent the brand and develop sales opportunities
- Establish & maintain key customer relationships at the buyer/CM level, as well as expanding into senior leadership to develop top-to-top opportunities
- Bachelor’ s degree (BA/BS) preferred
- Must have demonstrated experience calling on grocery accounts throughout the Northeast
- with preference given to candidates with experience working with the following accounts:
o Stop & Shop
o NYC dairy distributors
- At least three years of grocery sales and account management experience in the food industry; Dairy/Refrigerated experience preferred
- Established relationships and demonstrated success working with key retail accounts along with the leading broker and distributor relationships
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels
- Working knowledge and understanding of Spins/Nielsen, etc.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Highly adaptable & resourceful.
- Proven sales track record in a new product/new market environment
- Proficient in Trade Analytics (selling price, margins, etc.)
- Ability to travel as needed for customer tabletops, appointments, etc. Anticipate 25-50% travel
- Excellent skills in the following areas: listening, presentation, negotiation, analysis, customer service, selling, communication, organization
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.