Type of Position: Operations
Job Number: 2474
HireBetter has been retained to identify a Quality Manager for an expanding manufacturer experiencing double digit growth from inception. Our client, a third-party manufacturer is producing game-changing products in the beauty industry. Our client is a mission-driven organization, you will be involved in producing high-end, high quality products in a state-of the-art, sustainable facility.
The Quality Manager is responsible for assuring the consistent quality of products and services by developing and enforcing the Quality System in conjunction with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) for the facility. This position will manage 10 or more people and reports directly to the Site Director. The Quality Manager will have the technical knowledge and skills necessary to achieve quality control and quality assurance objectives and possess the leadership skills to manage and develop the quality team.
This technical management position requires a high degree of quality operations expertise and working knowledge of SOPs, FDA guidelines and cGMP’ s within a cosmetics manufacturing environment.
- Proactively achieve quality objectives by preparing and completing action plans; identifying and resolving problems; implementing production, quality, and customer-service standards; completing audits; determining system improvements; implementing change; contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews
- Develops quality assurance plans by conducting failure mode analysis; identifying critical control points and preventative measures; establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective actions, and verification procedures
- Hire the quality control and quality assurance team and manage the team
- Participate in quality control tools investment plan and installation
- Maintains and improves product quality by completing product, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits; investigating customer complaints; collaborating with other departments and management to develop new product specifications, procedures, and training methods
- Experience in developing and implementing quality systems, and driving strong GMP practices within a manufacturing site.
- Lead and direct activities in the area of Quality Operations for incoming, compounding and filling & assembly
- Lead and facilitate the non-conformance management process, along with consumer/customer complaint resolution and reduction activity
- Act as a key interface to Production management in Compounding/Filling & Assembly
- Validates quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes; measuring quality metrics; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification; writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Prepares quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing, summarizing information and trends including nonconformances, complaints, corrective actions, and validations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Bachelor of Science Degree
- 5+ years Production QA /QC with 3+ years managing in a Production QA environment
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of technical experience
- Demonstrated ability to build a high performing team and achieve results
- Demonstrated problem solving, conflict resolution and decision-making skills
- Ability to build and foster strong cross-functional relationships
- Experience with building quality systems and processes from concept through to implementation and continuous use
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.