8100 Washington Avenue, Ste 200
Type of Position: Accounting & Finance
Job Number: 2500
The Role: Interim Project Controller – Houston, TX
The Interim Project Controller position will be responsible for working within all stages of project management for a construction firm here in Houston. Your primary role will be to work closely with the project and field staff to ensure that all invoicing, budgeting, scheduling and coordination processes are running smoothly and on time.
- Provide active cost management reporting of projects/programs from initiation to completion.
- Create, maintain and manage cost forecasting/reporting systems to ensure accuracy and visibility of project estimates and budgets to project scope/objectives.
- Create and analyze change management documents to govern project costs and objective variances.
- Forecast costs to completion based on trends including productivity measurements, labor rate analysis, commitments, management of change, schedule impacts and material cost variance.
- Update, maintain and analyze project commitments, cost flow, and expenditures while also supporting monitoring, reviewing and analysis of cost, schedule, earned value and associated reporting;
- Track, report and analyze project/program performance and costs from initiation to completion.
- Establish and report project/program metrics and benchmarks.
- Assess and document trends and risks of the project/ program as related to costs/schedule.
Develop and maintain financial reporting (weekly/monthly). Collaborate and communicate with internal (Project Managers, business analysts, project administrators) and external stakeholders (vendors) throughout the project cycle to ensure transparency of project costs and trends.
- 5+ years of experience in a field construction project management environment.
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Spectrum preferred but not required
- Bachelor’ s degree in Construction, Management, Economics, Finance, Engineering.
- CFMA a plus