3800 North Lamar Blvd Suite 400
Type of Position: Accounting & Finance
Job Number: 2857
The Role: FP&A Manager
Location: Austin, TX
Our client is a leading national retailer of jewelry, home decor, gifts and beauty.
This new role partners across the organization to assist the senior leadership team with the delivery of department objectives by strategically managing direct and indirect spend. The primary duties of this role include establishing financial targets and KPIs by department, monitoring and reporting performance against these targets, and supporting the business in the delivery of overall financial results. Additionally, this position is responsible for ad-hoc analysis to support strategic business decisions (e.g. evaluating marketing program efficiencies, IT utilization and expected returns on capital/opex investments). The FP&A Manager is a member of the Finance, Planning and Analysis team and reports directly to the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis. The position is an exempt, salaried position.
- Partner across G&A departments to lead the budget and forecast process for all spend categories including payroll, marketing, technology, travel and facility expenses.
- Responsible for understanding unique and ongoing spend drivers to develop driver-based plans
- Provide accurate, real time and fact-based financial analysis to department heads including assessment of spend efficiency, measurement of scale to revenue, as well as the identification of opportunities for strategic adjustments and improvements
- Partner with accounting and department heads to understand operating and capital expense results and business drivers during month-end close process
- Support VP of Real Estate, CIO, and VP Distribution with analysis of planned capital expenditures and consistent measurement of ROI
- Translate disparate data into timely decision-making information using succinct, relevant, and cohesive narratives supported with graphical interpretations
- Create, distribute and monitor reporting tools and custom dashboards tailored to teams’ needs that quickly convey business and result drivers
- Prepare monthly and quarterly business review materials in partnership with internal customers
- Provide support for ad-hoc projects, analysis and business cases as requested
- Champion reporting automation and improvements to drive timely and efficient analysis
- Teach/re-enforce financial concepts and tools across audiences of varying familiarity
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years’ experience as an analyst/sr. analyst for a high-growth company or business analyst at a top strategic consulting firm
- Proven ability to consistently execute on delivery of standard and ad hoc reports and analysis, strong ability to prioritize competing demands based on changing business needs
- Ability to balance interest in detail of analysis with big-picture thinking
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Tableau, including the ability to build and to navigate efficiently across robust models and data sets
- Ability to create, execute, and interpret results of basic financial concepts such as breakeven analysis, ROI calculations, and alternative scenario analysis
- Experience with statistical modeling techniques including regression analysis, variable selection, and scenario analysis
- Independent, self-motivated and adaptable mindset with a “ whatever it takes” attitude
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with major planning and budgeting systems (Adaptive Insights a plus), business intelligence systems or ERP platforms
- Ability to build cross functional partnerships and work collaboratively
- Growth mindset with the desire to learn, grow and embrace new ideas
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.