1130 Ringwood Ct
Type of Position: Operations
Job Number: 2545
The Role: Director of Engineering
Location: San Jose, CA
Our client is a full-service Electronic Manufacturing Service (EMS) provider who offers product design, quick turn prototype / NPI builds, low to medium volume PCBA production, system assembly, product test and direct order fulfillment services. Our client prioritizes the customer experience through timely communication, diligent follow-through and by delivering quality and quick turn / on-time delivery. Today, many Fortune 500 companies as well as customers in the military, medical device and industrial market segments rely on our client for their prototype and production requirements.
HireBetter is recruiting on behalf of our client for a Director of Engineering who will report directly to the CEO. The Director of Engineering will be a part of the leadership team and will responsible for leading and managing a dynamic and highly functioning engineering team. This role is responsible for improving and maintaining the efficiency and effectiveness of all related manufacturing equipment & processes required to manufacture a high-quality product in a repeatable and cost-effective manner. The Director of Engineering will be tasked with taking a team with an already established excellent track record, and will build on that foundation a world class engineering team.
- Lead and manage a team of highly functioning engineers
- Ensure clients are receiving highest levels of service and quality
- Work through client issues through resolution
- Provide DFA/DFM feedback to customers and post build repots
- Design the system integration line layout and equip line with required tooling and fixtures
- Support new product introduction.
- Create and maintain SMT line automation programs and profiles.
- Provide on the floor technical support, as issues arise
- Provide ongoing product and process improvements to meet quality, CPI, CI, and production goals
- Analyze, resolve and initiate preventative actions in the SMT area
- Design processes, evaluate results, and drive solutions to improve processes and develop new processes
- Interface with Document Control and Engineering teams to create, edit, and maintain necessary documentation (i.e. routings work instructions, etc.)
- Evaluate effects of product design changes on manufacturing efficiency
- Support design for manufacturability with design engineering
- Monitoring Material Availability
- Develops and Maintains Scheduling
- Resolves Technical Issues
- Process Improvements = Cost Reduction
- Defect/ Quality Data Analysis
Manufacturing Support – Engineering Team responsibilities include:
- Customer Drawings/ Documentation
- Operating procedures/ instructions - Manufacturing Process Instructions (MPI)
- Visual Aids
- ECO’ s
- Product Introduction
- Reflow Profiles
- Wave Solder Profiles
- Programming SMT Equipment
- Leads Staff to Technical Resolution
- Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical, industrial or electrical engineering or a manufacturing engineering discipline preferred
- Minimum 10+ years relevant experience supporting system integration or equivalent
- EMS/Quick-turn environment
- Customer service driven with relevant customer centric expertise
- Strong management and leadership capabilities
- Working knowledge of automated pick-and-place machines, reflow oven profiling, stencil printing equipment, Wave soldering and tooling design experience
- Strong background in SMT processes and process development with the ability to serve as a technical representative
- Familiarity with Box Build/System integration is a plus
- Understanding RoHS Directive, SPC, PFMEA, DOE, 8D, Lean manufacturing is required
- Familiarity with IPC-610 is required
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.