101 W 6th St #400
Type of Position: Accounting & Finance
Job Number: 2852
The Role: Controller
Location: Austin, TX
HireBetter’ s client is a growing company in the AI and machine learning solutions space.
This newly created Controller position will manage the organization’ s finance and accounting functions. The role requires an experienced professional who is strong in project accounting. As a valued member of the team, the Controller will provide budget/finance information and analysis to support sound decision-making. This is an exciting opportunity for a proactive, hands-on Controller with a successful track record of creative problem-solving and strengthening financial infrastructure for mission-driven entrepreneurial organizations.
- Manage all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems in compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
- Provide expertise in project accounting
- Oversee accounting activities to ensure accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash control, core payroll processing, and payroll tax compliance
- Enhance, document, and maintain internal controls and safeguards for receipt of revenue, program/department budgets, and actual expenditures
- Coordinate audit activity
- Lead annual, quarterly, and monthly budgeting and reporting
- Monitor progress and prepare financial metrics and analysis for team, board finance committee, and board of directors
- Manage cash flow and forecasting
- Bachelor' s degree in accounting or related field required, licensed CPA preferred
- 5-8 years of related financial experience with an increasing amount of responsibility
- Flexibility and ability to lead and adapt to change with ease
- Outstanding prioritization and project management skills
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional, fast-paced work environment
- Mission focused and excited to using accounting acumen to contribute to a diverse environment
- A critical thinker with strong problem-solving abilities, able to lean into a challenge
- Excels at gathering and analyzing information and developing creative (yet practical) solutions for moving forward
- Able to coordinate and execute all tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to communicate complex information in a compelling manner to a variety of audiences
- Results driven with a strong bottom-line orientation. Great at setting and attaining performance goals
- Adept at change management. Flexible, yet purposeful. In times of change, able to provide support and coaching to maximize adoption and minimize disruption
- Proficient in the use of computer software including QuickBooks accounting software and large enterprise accounting software, Box, Google suite and other tools.
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.