8911 N Capital of Texas Hwy Bldg 1 Ste 1300
Type of Position: Accounting & Finance
Job Number: 2660
The Role: Controller
Location: Austin, TX
HireBetter has been selected to run a confidential search for a tactical/hands-on Controller to manage a high functioning team and report directly to the CFO. The role works closely with the senior leadership team to provide business insights, perform reporting and analysis and will partner with human resources and technology teams to better serve the company.
The Controller will lead all day-to-day accounting operations and supervise the team. The Controller will have functional responsibility for: accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, treasury, the monthly close cycle and necessary accruals. The Controller will ensure that the proper systems, controls and procedures are in place to support the daily tasks of the company, as well as maintain GAAP compliance.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems to ensure compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
- Manage all day-to-day accounting tasks including; financial statements, independent auditor support, receivables, payables, payroll, treasury management, trust fund administration, property taxes and tax return preparation
- Maintain internal control and safeguards
- Partner with the CFO and Finance team to produce the daily cash flow forecast, including analysis and related explanations of variance
- Partner with the private equity and finance team to consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of the company’ s financial status
- Assist the company’ s leadership team in the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and determine corrective actions
- Work with the functional leaders to ensure A/R aging is properly managed
- Leverage strengths of the current finance team members
- Own all financial statements
- Ensure team is clear on roles and responsibilities as well as key performance indicators
- Provide one-on-one coaching and support as needed to increase the efficiency of the Accounting team
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization
- Promote a positive and supportive work environment based upon Reward & Recognition
- A four-year degree
- 7-10 years of relevant accounting and management expertise
- Healthcare industry with knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid
- Experience preparing GAAP financials for audit & distribution to 3rd parties
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization.
- Track record of proactive, strategic thinking
- Driven to find and implement process improvements to optimize team effectiveness
- Technology savvy and deep knowledge of accounting and reporting software, combined with the ability to be ‘ hands-on’ as needed
- Commitment to recruiting, mentoring, training, and retaining a diverse team
- Ability to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.