Type of Position: Accounting & Finance
Job Number: 2535
The Role: Controller
Location: Austin, TX
HireBetter’ s client is a private equity backed, leading franchisee consolidator. HireBetter’ s client has over 500 employees in Texas, California, and Nevada and a corporate team in Austin, TX and Reno, NV.
HireBetter is looking for an experienced Controller to handle all aspects of financial management for the client company. This includes accountability for accounting operations; production of timely, accurate financial statements and reports; creation and maintenance of comprehensive financial controls; regulatory, lender, investor, and financial reporting; budget and forecast preparation; as well as management of the Company’ s annual external audit process. This key role will report to the CEO and will have a bookkeeper/staff accountant reporting to it, in addition to support from a third-party bookkeeping service that complies draft financials for the Company. Within 18 months, the company expects this role to have two to four direct reports.
This position is newly created due to the client’ s rapid growth and expansion. This position will provide the right candidate with an opportunity to build a best-in-class accounting function within a high growth, franchise consolidation company. HireBetter’ s client is looking for a hardworking, detail oriented, growth mindset, overall “ star” to join its team.
- Prepare and publish timely, accurate financial statements and reports
- Manage all accounting operations including billing, A/R, A/P, GL, payroll, tax, inventory accounting and revenue recognition
- Assist the executive team in building the annual and long-range budgets and forecasts
- Develop an “ A” team of junior accounting staff
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business and accounting policies to ensure strong financial controls
- Collaborate with the executive team to help prepare reports and KPIs to improve the company’ s current KPI dashboard
- Manage financial responsibilities of post-merger integrations of new unit acquisitions
- Manage financial components of employee onboarding
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Additional controller duties as necessary
- Build and document all accounting processes required to accurately produce Flash financials within 5 days of month-end and full monthly financials within 15 days of month-end
- Manage the annual financial audit resulting in minimal required adjustments
- RFP banking and third-party bookkeeping relationships to ensure the Company has optimal partners to support its growth
- Build a detailed long-range plan and annual budget and establish the processes to provide monthly budget to actual variance reporting (stretch)
- BS or BA in Accounting (required), CPA or MBA (preferred)
- At least 7 years of accounting experience in progressive roles
- Prior experience in public accounting preferred
- Prior experience in multi-location retail and/or “ roll-ups” preferred
- Prior experience hiring, promoting, and terminating employees
- Strong Excel skills and high competency with account software packages (QuickBooks, etc.)
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.