200 East Live Oak
Type of Position: Operations
Job Number: 2579
The Role: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Austin, TX
HireBetter’ s client is a local, sustainable and healthy snack food manufacturer.
As the Chief Operating Officer, you will report directly to the president and lead all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to operations, supply chain management, compliance and administration. You will serve as an inspirational and motivational leader to the operations team to execute on leadership’ s vision and strategy for dramatic growth and operational excellence.
- Provide leadership for the organization’ s operations with a collaborative, inspiring and results driven management style; establish clear roles and responsibilities for current and future team members and lead the team to a high level of execution
- Provide leadership on all stages of the product cycle and work closely with internal teams and external partners to ensure that products are produced to the highest standard of quality and delivered on time
- Develop a roadmap for the design and implementation of best-in-class processes and related monitoring/reporting systems necessary for the continuous analysis of the supply chain for identification and implementation of cost and efficiency improvements
- Direct third-party manufacturers on planning in connection with purchasing/procurement, production and delivery to ensure maintenance of optimal inventory levels and timely delivery of shipments to retail partners
- Provide leadership for the coordination and management of the organization’ s quality, food safety, and product regulatory needs and initiatives in connection with current and future product lines
- Partner with sales, marketing and finance teams to develop product demand forecasts and the annual operating plan, providing forward looking guidance on risks associated with the company’ s operational performance
- Provide leadership for the overall day-to-day operations of the company
- Manage vendor relationships and selection process
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant operations experience with a focus in the food or beverage consumer packaged goods industry and demonstrated success in scaling production and supply chain in a high growth and entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated success in managing production planning, outsourced food processing/manufacturing, and distribution
- Exceptional leadership skills, evidenced by successfully building, motivating, and managing high-performance teams and by effectively working as a partner with other executives and stakeholders
- Reputation of teamwork, a strong work ethic, honesty, integrity, candor, transparency and accountability to drive issues to resolution
- Proven leader and demonstration of superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Strategic thinker with proven ability to develop and implement efficient and effective processes and procedures in a high growth who is also able to identify and execute against tactical issues
- Encourages adoption of habits that are conducive to a healthy lifestyle
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.