2130 Atwell Glen Lane
Type of Position: Accounting & Finance
Job Number: 2585
The Role: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Location: Charlotte, NC
HireBetter has been retained to lead our client’ s search for their next Chief Financial Officer. Our client is a private equity-backed company, that designs, develops, installs, and supports subscription-based software.
An integral part of the company’ s executive team, the CFO is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the organization’ s accounting and finance practices. The CFO will be a business partner and advisor to investors and other members of the executive team. In addition, the successful candidate will have the willingness and ability to direct the day-to-day operations of the accounting and finance organizations in a hands-on manner and with a collaborative, transparent, inspiring and results driven management style.
- Provide leadership for the organization’ s accounting, financial reporting/planning with the ability to delegate, inspire and be “ hands on” in key areas
- Oversee the processes and related monitoring/reporting systems necessary to provide timely, accurate, targeted financial information and KPI’ s accompanied by the appropriate level of in-depth analysis and interpretation necessary to add value to the CEO, senior staff, and investors in making sound business decisions
- Support mergers & acquisition efforts, including driving post-transaction integration to ensure that economies, synergies and other goals of the transaction are realized
- Direct the monthly close process and the preparation and timely issuance of the organization' s monthly and annual financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Develop and present monthly financial packages to the Board of Directors
- Provide leadership in maintaining the organization’ s accounting policies/procedures including performing research on accounting issues and presenting and implementing recommendations that will facilitate efficiency and effective compliance
- Provide leadership in the development of the annual operating plan and budgeting and forecasting activities for the organization and provide forward looking guidance on risks associated with the company’ s operational performance
- Manage the corporate banking relationship and report on cash management/treasury activities including cash positions, cash flow forecasting and short-term lines of credit
- Develop, implement and maintain effective and efficient system of internal controls including making provisions for appropriate computer application systems necessary to maintain proper records and facilitate a tone of integrity and effective compliance with various regulatory entities
- Provide leadership in hiring, developing, training and motivating the accounting and finance team including providing training and direction on accounting and financial reporting matters
- Utilize best practices to ensure that the company’ s investment in technology is being maximized
- Minimum 15 years of increasing responsibility including financial leadership in software, preferably SaaS model
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Strong technical accounting and financial reporting skills and proven ability to effectively manage outside tax and audit professionals
- Prior experience working with private equity backed organizations
- Proven experience managing board relationships
- Public company/SEC reporting experience required
- Mergers & acquisitions experience required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to support the investors and senior staff in executing the strategy and goals of the organization
- Proven track record of leading effectively through the dynamics of change in an entrepreneurial environment
- Exceptional leadership skills, evidenced by successfully building, motivating, and managing high-performance accounting and finance teams in medium size companies and high growth environments
- Proven track record of building and maintaining effective relationships with capital partners, banks and other financial institutions
- Reputation of teamwork, strong work ethic, integrity, candor and accountability to drive issues to resolution
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus
Compensation and Benefits
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
HireBetter is a national consulting firm, specializing in talent management for emerging market companies. We partner with companies to help them attract and acquire top talent, plan for the growth of their business, and retain and optimize the performance of existing key players.
HireBetter knows that filling the right roles with the right people is far from simple. We’ ve spent years developing a unique, partnership-based model for talent identification and assessment. We believe companies should be hiring the best person for them, not the first candidate who looks good on paper. We partner with our clients. We encourage them to utilize their own networks and internal referrals as well as our tried-and-true sourcing models. We start with a strategic consultation, deliver a customized list of candidates, and provide the project management expertise our clients need to efficiently work through the process until they know as well as we do that they are making a great hiring decision.
To learn more about HireBetter, please visit us online at www.HireBetter.com or www.HireBetterBlog.com.