500 Dallas St. Suite 2500
Type of Position: Accounting & Finance
Job Number: 2891
The Role: Assurance Senior
Location: Houston, TX
HireBetter’ s client is a fully integrated professional services firm dedicated to assisting clients with growing, managing, and protecting prosperity.
The Assurance Senior will lead the assurance services team.
- Oversee staff on pre-audit planning and field work for engagements, reviewing client accounting and operating procedures
- Perform internal control testing and planning to support an audit opinion, including preparing supporting work paper documentation, conducting analytical reviews of account balances and preparing financial statements
- Research technical issues that arise during the course of audit engagements
- Create draft audit reports for management review
- Assist Managers and Partners in preparing risk assessment, audit plan programs and internal audit reports.
- Build relationships with existing clients, including involvement in networking and business development activities
- Provide both leadership and supervision to Audit Staff
- Bachelor' s degree with a major in accounting or related field required
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience
- Previous experience in a public accounting firm preferred
- CPA preferred. If not a CPA, must meet educational requirements to sit for the CPA exam as outlined by the Board of Accountancy in the state of your preferred office location required
- Ability to travel to client locations which may include occasional overnight stays
- Experience in managing multiple client engagements at the same time
- Motivated to meet client deadlines and provide excellent client service
- Strong analytical and report writing skills required
- Comprehensive understanding of data analysis techniques
- Creative problem solving and research skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website at jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Please note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.