The Role: Administrative Assistant (Part-time)
The Company: YPO (Illini Chapter)
The Location: Bloomington, IL
YPO (Young Presidents’ Organization) connects successful young chief executives in a global network unlike any other. Founded in 1950 in New York City by a young president named Ray Hickok, the organization unites approximately 20, 000 business leaders in more than 120 countries around a shared mission: Better Leaders Through Education and Idea Exchange™.
YPO has been helping young business leaders run great companies for more than 60 years. No matter the geographic location, industry sector, management model or scope of business, YPO is the world’ s premier organization for young chief executives seeking best practices, big ideas, bold vision and a world-class network of trusted peers. A great deal has changed since YPO’ s founding but certain things have remained the same: the value of a peer network and trusted mentors, the importance of ongoing education, and the need for a “ safe haven” where issues can be aired in an environment of confidentiality. Over the past six decades, YPO has maintained its core commitment to these ideals while embracing change with each successive generation of young business leaders.
YPO members are under the age of 45 and the chief operator (CEO, managing director, president, chairman or equivalent) of a company that fulfills minimum size and revenue requirements. Upon turning 50, members transition from YPO into WPO (World Presidents’ Organization), which allows them to continue reaping the benefits of the YPO experience while also recognizing that priorities may have shifted over time.
We are currently searching for a professional and detailed individual to serve as part-time Administrative Assistant for the organization. The Administrative Assistant plays a key position within the organization to provide support for the Chapter Officers, and to act as a liaison to all Chapter members. The ideal candidate for this role will possess a professional demeanor, a strong work ethic, and the ability to seamlessly adapt to any situation and group personality that is presented. The Administrative Assistant will work from his or her own fully-equipped, professional home office. Some out of town travel is necessary.
* Provide daily assistance to the Chapter Officers by making meeting arrangements, organizing agendas, and attending monthly Board meetings as Secretary.
* Maintain communications on all levels, to include chapter profile on mywpo.org, circulating information, and managing the maintenance of the Chapter directory and marketing materials.
* Conduct event planning at all stages, including invitations, venue management, onsite assistance and setup, and post-event follow up, with attendance required at all events.
* Support the Board during succession planning and transitions
* Attend the Global Leadership Conference for Chapter Administrators (i.e., Administrative Assistants) when possible; maintain relationships with Administrative Assistants of other chapters
* Perform basic accounting duties including, but not limited to:
* Assisting with drafting the annual budget.
* Preparing invoices and tracking payments and collections for user pays, new member dues, sponsorships, etc.
* Writing checks and making deposits
* Membership support and management of Recruitment and Renewals
* A Bachelor’ s degree is preferred, but not required.
* Event planning background is very helpful.
* Experience as an Executive Assistant at the C-level is essential.
* Meticulous attention to detail.
* High level of confidentiality and professionalism.
* Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
* Ability to work independently with little instruction.
* Professional demeanor and presentation at all times.
* Expert organizational skills.
* Highly motivated work ethic, with flexibility to work outside of standard hours.
* Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Quickbooks
* Fully equipped, professional home office.
Interested candidates should apply through the HireBetter website, jobs.hirebetter.com. Qualified applicants will be responded to as quickly as possible.
Note: Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future. This role does require a criminal background check.